New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Up until last week, i've decided to get the jazz 1.5 A/T. Pero how does it measure up against the new Altis 1.6G A/T. The Altis 1.6G A/T costs 53,000 pesos more than the Jazz 1.5.

Please help. Your immediate response would be greatly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Altis would be bigger and have a slighter (around 2-3% more) fuel consumption because its heavier. Of course, it has more safety features too. So if you need more space, the Altis would be it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    For me, a sedan is still a better all-rounder unless you have other cars...

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    It depends on your needs, uses and expectations.

For me, I need a car with sufficient boot space to carry moderately sized items, while at the same time, being able to carry 4 to 5 passengers (including driver). Sure, the Jazz can carry bikes, potted plants, a balikbayan box, etc... but I already have a vehicle that can do just that.

In the Altis, the boot space is quite large to start with and it can be further expanded when the passenger seats can be brought down. The nice thing about these fold down seats is that it is 60/40 split, unlike in the new Accord where the entire backrest goes down.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    It depends on your needs, uses and expectations.

For me, I need a car with sufficient boot space to carry moderately sized items, while at the same time, being able to carry 4 to 5 passengers (including driver). Sure, the Jazz can carry bikes, potted plants, a balikbayan box, etc... but I already have a vehicle that can do just that.

In the Altis, the boot space is quite large to start with and it can be further expanded when the passenger seats can be brought down. The nice thing about these fold down seats is that it is 60/40 split, unlike in the new Accord where the entire backrest goes down.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Personally... go ahead and get the 1.3 Jazz... cheaper than either of your given choices... available with ABS and airbags... with better consumption than the 1.5 and a decent 100 hp... what more could you want?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    go for the altis, it is bigger more legroom and have a more classy look than a small jazz. i believe that altis can fit more people comfortably than jazz...

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    If you have budget for a bigger car. Go for it. Altis it is. Wider = Airy.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    altis din kung kaya ng budget

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    I hope this post is not too late.

I was in the exact same predicament as you 3 weeks ago.
    I was seriously considering the 1.5 Jazz or the Altis G
    After careful consideration I ended up buying the Altis V

For about the same price you can get the Altis E and move into a different class of car.
    For 50k more you move into a different class of car and a higher variant, and yes, the trunk is very spacious in the Altis. Maybe if the Jazz was priced 50k less then I would have bought that instead but I'm very happy with my decision and have no regrets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help me choose! 1.5 Jazz vs. Altis 1.6G A/T