New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hello there,

I drive a 96 Honda Civic and felt that it's time to replace the car since maintenance is
    getting expensive and frequent.

I'm having a hard time deciding which of the following car I should should get

• Hyundai Accent CRDI HB 1.6 E AT - nice engine but the 2014 edition doesn't get all the nice things that 2013 edition has. (test driven)
    • Ford Fiesta 1.5L Sports+ AT - nice conformable ride. My wife loved it (porma, touch screen, dashboards, overall interior)
    • Ford Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - FC rating is amazing (test driven)

Mga tanong ko as a brand new car buyer (since every Peso count ika nga

• Mahal ba talaga ang maintenance ng Ford Fiesta AT than the Hyundai Accent CRDI AT? -- well according sa Hyundai agent after I told her na we are also considering the Fiesta.
    • Tried calling several Hyundai Dealership asking if may available pang Hyundai Accent HB 2013 model but most of them wala na daw. Any suggestion po?
    • Been through a lot of related forum posts mostly discussing the AT model of these cars. Kumusta naman kaya ang experience driving the Manual Transmission?

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by juneym View Post
    Mga tanong ko as a brand new car buyer (since every Peso count ika nga

• Mahal ba talaga ang maintenance ng Ford Fiesta AT than the Hyundai Accent CRDI AT? -- well according sa Hyundai agent after I told her na we are also considering the Fiesta.
    • Tried calling several Hyundai Dealership asking if may available pang Hyundai Accent HB 2013 model but most of them wala na daw. Any suggestion po?
    • Been through a lot of related forum posts mostly discussing the AT model of these cars. Kumusta naman kaya ang experience driving the Manual Transmission?

1. Maintenance costs of diesel cars (PMS) are usually (a bit?) higher than gasoline models.
    In general, the maintenance cost of Thai assembled Ford models like the Fiesta, Focus, Everest, Ranger etc are usually close to that of an equivalent model from a Japanese brand.
    The reason why people here think all Fords are very expensive to maintain is because the first models Ford sold here when they returned to our market in the late 90s were gas guzzling CBU from North America models like the F150, Expedition, Club Wagon etc, at that time spare parts were not as common as today.
    Ford vehicles are becoming a more common sight on local roads (now the 4th best selling brand here) so there are more 3rd party shops that carry Ford parts now compared to a decade ago.

3. I'm not sure about the Accent, but the MT Fords are usually ok. If I was going to buy a Fiesta, i'd go for the mid-trim level MT Trend model since i've always prefered driving MT cars and it's already well-equipped (dual-airbags, ABS, power features, 15 inch alloy wheels etc). The MT Trend has no voice activated SYNC system though.

Out of curiosity, what features did they take out of the 2014 Accent HB?
    Last edited by AG4; May 30th, 2014 at 07:26 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di ba yung a/t ng fiesta may problema? O focus yun?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    1. Maintenance costs of diesel cars (PMS) are usually (a bit?) higher than gasoline models.
    In general, the maintenance cost of Thai assembled Ford models like the Fiesta, Focus, Everest, Ranger etc are usually close to that of an equivalent model from a Japanese brand.
    The reason why people here think all Fords are very expensive to maintain is because the first models Ford sold here when they returned to our market in the late 90s were gas guzzling CBU from North America models like the F150, Expedition, Club Wagon etc, at that time spare parts were not as common as today.
    Ford vehicles are becoming a more common sight on local roads (now the 4th best selling brand here) so there are more 3rd party shops that carry Ford parts now compared to a decade ago.

3. I'm not sure about the Accent, but the MT Fords are usually ok. If I was going to buy a Fiesta, i'd go for the mid-trim level MT Trend model since i've always prefered driving MT cars and it's already well-equipped (dual-airbags, ABS, power features, 15 inch alloy wheels etc). The MT Trend has no voice activated SYNC system though.

Very true. There are many third party supplier of ford spareparts here in our country.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post

the rear disc brakes, abs,ebd, steering wheel audio controls, center console, adjustable steering column and the 16" mags

Sent from Constantinople

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Di ba yung a/t ng fiesta may problema? O focus yun?
    parehas sir. ewan ko kung tinuturing ng ford na "problema" yun. hehe

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I agree with AG4. Generally, diesel cars are more expensive to maintain than gasoline-fed vehicles. More consumable parts to clean or replace.

Will you use the car as your daily drive? Within the city during rush hour? If yes, then I wouldn't suggest getting a MT. For me, getting overzealous on a brand new MT car in city driving during rush hour is understandable, especially during the first few days, weeks, or months of experience. Eventually, the feeling will go away, day by day, just for the mere fact of having to endure hours of city traffic. Add to that the heavy clutch of accent MT, and skinnier tires over the AT variant.

Over the 2 Fiestas, I would say get the one with the EcoBoost. For Php 30K more, you get more power and torque, at a smaller engine displacement at that. Rregarding the problems/issues with the PowerShift, I've read somewhere that the jerk/judder/hesitation/gear hunting is lessened on the EcoBoostvariant. And since you're considering 2 Fords on your purchase, better read about them, in this forum and other sites as well, to get informed on other owners' experiences. They seem to have found a way to lessen the issue with PowerShift.

I am also considering these cars on my next purchase. But with all the issues I've been reading, I'm still on the side, waiting for the "right time" and the "right car" to buy. I'm not looking for a perfect car because there will never be one. But with my situation, I'm not in a hurry to buy right now, I still have my Civic ES AT as my daily drive. Unfortunately for you, you can't seem to delay the purchase of a brand new car. So I would say any of your pick would be a good purchase. And I am leaning slightly (as in a hairstrand-thin bias) on the EcoBoost.

I know it may be out of your options, but I'm also considering the Mirage and EcoSport on my choices. The Wigo could've gotten in the list, but easily topped by the Mirage. Then aside from that, a pick-up(3.2MT Ranger)/mid-size SUV (T6-based Everest, or next gen Fortuner/Montero) too, but that's a different story.

Goodluck and congrats in advance, whatever your choice may be.
    Last edited by jeDi13; May 30th, 2014 at 09:31 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    the rear disc brakes, abs,ebd, steering wheel audio controls, center console, adjustable steering column and the 16" mags

Sent from Constantinople
    all in exchange for projector headlamps, dual airbags, and an integrated HU

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hyundai Quezon Avenue has one unit available for the 2013 accent hb, it's silver.

We were able to get the clean blue one to be released by monday or tuesday

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    parehas sir. ewan ko kung tinuturing ng ford na "problema" yun. hehe
    So in denial pala sila. Paano kung nag warranty claim ka? Wala ba recall?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast