New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Between the year of 1993-1999 what Mitsubishi Galant is much better to use in driving everyday from Bulacan-Makati-Manila everyday??

Fuel efficiency, maintenance, condition, and other features..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Sir lakas sa Gas nito.
    syempre mas modelo. mas better

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    oh! pero yung meron bang Manual transmission yung 98' and above?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Yes, may manual yan, but for the 2.0L model only. Yung 2.5L V6 Automatic lang. Even the manual may be a bit hard to find.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Oh I see! can you give me some pros and cons of the 93'-99' Galants?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For parts availability, there's more for the 94 to 97/98 models as this was more popular in the local market and sold well. If you're going for the 1999 up, go for the 2.5VR V6 as against the Super Saloon if you can find one. Things to look at when you inspect units are the suspension, transmission operation (if a/t), electricals, and the engine idle.

Our 1994 VR V6 m/t can do up to 12km/L in the long drives (Manila - Baguio, Manila - Tagaytay) even with some 200kph runs on the highway. Normal city driving will be at the range of 6.5-7.5Km/L+ depending on traffic conditions and when you shift at around 2K to 2.5K rpm. It will definitely drop to 6km/L+ when the traffic gets stop-and-go, bumper to bumper bad. For parts, it's not really a problem and shops like Best Colt in Banawe and surplus shops still carry good, affordable OEM and replacement parts. If you're interested, our 1st owned '94 VR is up for sale (at the classifieds section) since it's rarely being used after we got another new car.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Best buy yan, knowing vinj and how he take good care of their cars im pretty sure super alaga yan

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    oh I see.. So it's also considered as a practical car.. ano yung basic na may tama pag sa Galants? I mean yung karaniwang madaling masira or unang nasisira?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI125 View Post
    Best buy yan, knowing vinj and how he take good care of their cars im pretty sure super alaga yan
    Hehe... may plugging pa. :D She's honestly in better condition them most Galants of the same age that i've seen running around. Not perfect if you're the super OC type but she's clean and reliable enough for us to just get in and drive out of town without thinking twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Obliterator View Post
    oh I see.. So it's also considered as a practical car.. ano yung basic na may tama pag sa Galants? I mean yung karaniwang madaling masira or unang nasisira?
    Expect to pay more for gasoline as against your 1.3L and 1.6L in city traffic driving. Of course the 1.6L and 1.3L cars like your Corolla and Sentra will be more practical in a sense if youre looking at fuel efficiency. If you're going for a 2.0L class vehicle, the benefits come in if you're looking for space, power and stability on the highway drives; FC also almost evens out as against 1.6L vehicles if its highway driving as the engine is less stressed and can carry load with less need to push the gas pedal.

A common problem on those Galant models are the wear and tear to the balljoints. With ours, I got the best results by using original control arms (surplus or brand new) then 555 balljoints. Cost us around P 900 per balljoint if memory serves me correctly (thankfully, parts for this arent expensive). Another problem is the automatic transmission on the 94 to 97 models from what i hear. Other problems is pretty much similar to what you'd find with any old EFI sedan so it really boils down to how the previous owner maintained the car.

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    pero di naman mahirap maghanap ng parts/magpagawa ng Galants? I mean meron kasi ibang car mahirap ayusin/maintain kasi mahirap hanapan ng parts.

By the way I'm super newbie in cars. Kaya di ko alam yung "balljoints".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What Mitsubishi Galant better, between 93'-99'?