New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi, I have a 2011 fort d4d, should i flip it for an 2012 explorer (4x4) 3.5? Your views are appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Depends on your needs Sir..

Fuel to be used: I'd stick with the Fort just because diesel prices are dirt cheap now.

Fuel Consumption: Fortuner wins. With how traffic is in the Metro, Id be better off using the Fortuner.

Ride Comfort: Explorer wins this one.

Maintenance: Toyota is a lot easier to maintain. I dont see a lot of shops carrying replacement parts for Ford, so your best bet is to go to the casa and have the parts ordered.

Resale Value: Toyota wins this one.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same here. i would stick with the Fort.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    same here. i would stick with the Fort.
    thanks guys.This helps a lot.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you don't mind the added fuel expense, the Explorer is a better vehicle over the Fortuner. More comfortable, more powerful, more features. It would be hard to resell such trucks but you can just keep it than losing its value on the resale market. You can check with the Explorer thread for details on its maintenance and parts availability.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Explorer less the fuel expense. Sarap idrive. Wala ka naman balak ibenta agad diba? Enjoy the car.
    If you want to be with the rest of the pack. Mag fortuner ka. One click maintenance. Kung buy and sell linya mo then ito kunin mo mabilis ibenta dahil toyota badge at diesel pa.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    the explorer is a much much better car over the fort but a lot more expensive to use and maintain. bottomline is, if you can afford the explorer and don't mind the low resale value then go ahead and get one. you'll love driving it every time you use it.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    the explorer is a much much better car over the fort but a lot more expensive to use and maintain. bottomline is, if you can afford the explorer and don't mind the low resale value then go ahead and get one. you'll love driving it every time you use it.
    Very true.. Much better to drive than fort.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    kung mayaman ako at di ko iniisip ang gastos, explorer