New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Also posted this on another forum but tsikot seems to have more traffic.

Anyway, given a chance to have a refurbished Land Cruiser, which of the two would you rather own? And what are the nuances of these vehicles?

LC80

LC70

Or I will be better off with the Humvee rip-off from Cavite?
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53449

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the LC70 you posted is the V8 twin turbo model. If this the vehicle in the pictured compared to the LC80 then I would go for the LC70 since it is an 08 model. But if the old LC70 then I would go for the LC80. rip offs? for the price I would go for original vehicles na lang.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sir ARB , the LC70 rather looks similarly like this kasi refurbished lang sya, hindi yong bago.

Sorry about the picture. I don't know how to upload from the cam. Just relied on the net.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    If you can go with originals then go for it especially in your case you're going for an LC.

My pick would be the 80 because my criteria for getting an LC would be the bigger, the better. Its got presence

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    LC 80 hands down, wag lang Subic converted unit.

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    well both are land cruisers so i may say both are durable vehicles,this will only depend on your budget and how much you are willing burn restoring this vehicles...i suggest get the 3.0 1kz for the 70 and 1hdt for the 80.if you can find 24 valve for the 80 much better.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Had experience with both. The LC70 was a '94 Dubai unit with a 22R gas engine, manual transmission, and all coil suspension. Few ex-Japanese models are configured that way so I guess you have to be specific with what LC model you are talking about.

The LC80 is a '94 Dubai unit also with the 1HD-T diesel engine, 4 speed a/t.

The 70 is more antiquated in styling and doesn't have rear a/c. But it rides and drives even better than my 2001 Nissan Patrol save for the lack in engine power (the 22R is not really that powerful).

You can't go wrong with either one. That's what I can say. Land Cruisers are very tough, easy to fix, and parts are always in stock despite the age of the vehicle.

One thing I don't like? No cup holders! I have to hold my drink between my knees. Also, the Denso power window motors are not that durable (a common Toyota problem that's easy to fix).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

The LC80 is an awesome SUV, but I like the classic jeep look of the LC70...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I remember seeing LC70s with two different dashboards. One is the boxy type and another, a more rounded and curvaceous type. Ganon ba or is my mind playing tricks on me? If it was the more modern one, I'd get the LC70 with a 1KZ-TE engine. The LC80 is quite bulky and performance may be on the slow side.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'd have both ...

But seriously, if I were to choose between the two, I'd pick the LC80. Looks meaner in every way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
LC 70 or 80?