New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Here is the criterion... Looking at both 4X2 A/T only...

PMS costs, which is cheaper?

Fuel economy, which is better?

Aircon, which is better?

Easier to drive, which one?

Which is less bumpy (or matagtag)?

Which is better value? (Navara is P100K more expensive than Ranger pero maybe that P100K value has merits. If so what are those?)

Thanks to those who will answer. Actually early this year pa ako nag-iisip ng pickup truck pero di naman super kailangan so medyo dinelay ko. Ngayon nag-iisip ako uli, pero baka naman may bagong model ng pick-up na lalabas in the near future sayang naman if I buy now.

Dati Strada VS Navara vs Ranger pero ayaw ko bumili ng 4X4 di ko naman kailangan eh (increase cost, increase maintenance and increase FC) gusto ko din automatic eh walang automatic na 4X2 Strada. Ayo ko rin ng Hi-lux and D-max!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    NAVARA .. Ive driven both pickup's.. I have the navara, my cousin has the ranger ..overall mas ok yung navara..

PMS costs, which is cheaper? - not sure about this

Fuel economy, which is better? Navara

Aircon, which is better? Navara, its a nissan

Easier to drive, which one? Navara, short lang yung turning radius

Which is less bumpy (or matagtag)? Navara

test drive the 4x4 navara , compare its engine performance to your santa fe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    [quote=tidus1203;1527726]Here is the criterion... Looking at both 4X2 A/T only...

PMS costs, which is cheaper? nav 10kpms 3106. ford???

Fuel economy, which is better? nav 11.36 km/liter

Aircon, which is better? navara hands down

Easier to drive, which one? navaras big but ull get used to it.

Which is less bumpy (or matagtag)? navara

Which is better value? (Navara is P100K more expensive than Ranger pero maybe that P100K value has merits. If so what are those?) navara

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    it depends, really, on your purposes.

For hauling cargo, the Ranger has the larger bed and the stiffer rear springs - great for heavy loads.

The Navara has the bigger passenger cabin and softer springs, which are better for passenger comfort.

Fuel economy... the drivetrain/transmission is almost the same: 2.5 liter engine with a 5 speed A/T.

Ease of driving... the Ranger stands taller (which is good for floods), and is a bit narrower than the Navara, making it a tad bit easier to drive. Pickups overall are kind of hard to drive due to their long noses and beds. A back-up sensor is something I wish we have on our (old) ranger.

if you are keen on using the handbrake regularly, the Ranger still has that pull and twist system.

I guess sir niky would have a say on how the Ranger handles. hehe

Aircon: hard to tell. if Ford kept the old a/c system from the old Ranger, for sure the Navara will have a better system. Try both. Besides, the old adage that Nissan has the best A/C is largely moot now.

Value for money? I'm betting on the Ranger. You'll probably get a 50k discount on top of that 100k difference, and then free chattel, mortgage, insurance, LTO etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Here is the criterion... Looking at both 4X2 A/T only...

PMS costs, which is cheaper?

Fuel economy, which is better?

Aircon, which is better?

Easier to drive, which one?

Which is less bumpy (or matagtag)?

Which is better value? (Navara is P100K more expensive than Ranger pero maybe that P100K value has merits. If so what are those?)

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for all your answers... I think may idea na ako which truck might suit my needs better...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Thanks for all your answers... I think may idea na ako which truck might suit my needs better...
    ^^^guessing it's the Navara

Ford really skimped on the passenger area for the 3rd gen ranger... no improvement from the 1st generation

hopefully the upcoming Ranger would address that!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Right, its the Navara. The only way Ford can make me change my mind is if they throw a nuclear discount! Something like P100K that might upset the order a bit...

But knowing Ford, they do throw the nuke sometimes! I remember before I bought my Santa Fe they offered a full 2 year interest free package with a 50% DP on the Everest plus a nice P50K discount. Hyundai could not give any such gimmicks. But the SF was just too beatiful compared to the Everest so it was no contest!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Try getting one at Nissan UN Avenue or yung sa main office ng Universal Motors sa Pasong Tamo,Makati. AFAIK 15K Pesos lang ang discount sa Navara 4X2 A/T right now but its selling pretty well right now..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Taga QC ako... Ano ba meron sa branch na yun na wala sa Quezon Ave. branch (the closest from my location)?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Nissan Commonwealth(Sunny Motors) or Nissan Gallery Quezon Avenue(Autohub)..Malaking magbigay ng discounts at freebies ang Nissan Gallery Quezon Avenue AFAIK.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Nissan Navara vs Ford Ranger?