New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I'm choosing between a Honda Accord 2004 and Ford Escape 2004 both costing P 320,000. Which of the two is a better buy? How would you compare their fuel consumption? Thanks!!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Uy! Napakamura nun ah! Market prices of both are usually way above 400k! Tingnan mo ng maigi kung na-Ondoy yan o kaya laspag na ah. Aling variant ba? Aling engine? We happen to have a 2005 Accord 2.4i-VTEC and a 2003 Escape 2.0XLT 4x4 at home, as well as a 2010 Escape 2.3XLS 4x2 in our home in Taiwan. All of them are not exactly what you'd call thrifty. The Escape 2.3XLS is the thriftiest and the Escape 2.0XLT is the thirstiest with the Accord at the middle. Both the Accord and Escape 2.0XLT get around 5-6km/L while the Escape 2.3XLS gets around 8-9km/L (in Taiwan, where traffic conditions are very well controlled). The Accord is a very quick and nimble car though it still has the tendency of feeling rather light at high speed. Try your best not to indulge too much on the great engine performance though, the fuel gauge moves very quickly! The Escape 2.0XLT 4x4 is rather lethargic, you have to rev high to get good performance and the A/T has very high shift points so fuel consumption is on the high side. The 2.3XLS is a very significant improvement giving much better performance AND fuel efficiency though its still far from what you'd call thrifty. If its between an Accord 2.4i-VTEC and an Escape 2.3XLS, I'd get the Escape for practical purposes. You get, say around 85% of the Accord's performance, better gas mileage, more cargo space, higher ground clearance and a much stronger suspension.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gti - Thanks a lot. Which would have a better fuel economy, Accord 2.0 2004 or escape 2.3 xls. Given the choice, which of the two would you choose? Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ah~ 2.0i-VTEC yung nahanap mo. Sa pagkaalam ko yung K20 engine is not a thrifty one either as seen in its performance in the 2nd gen CRV. Power isn't exactly great either as it is rather underpowered for this car. So I'd suggest you get the Escape nalang.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Avoid K20 CR-Vs like the plaaaaague. Actually... avoid Gen. 2 CR-Vs in general.

Oops... Accord... still... K20 not a great engine in terms of economy when matched to the weight of an Accord or CR-V and the automatic transmission. Better to get the 2.4.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

HONDA ACCORD 2004 or FORD ESCAPE 2004?