New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    Please help me decide Thanks!

Your own personal opinion is very much welcome!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Different strokes for different folks...

*Jbadd17 - what's your preference? It would be hard to hear other suggestions if you have set your mind on something.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbadd17 View Post
    Please help me decide Thanks!

Your own personal opinion is very much welcome!
    Better rule out FJ cruiser among ur option..because Toyota will be replacing it with another model.

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Maybe replace the FJ with the all-new CX-5.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    halos isang buwan ko din ni-research yan FJ. i just list down why I didnt get it

- it's V6 engine old. circa 2010 pa. some say it chooses higher octane fuel so magastos
    - it's dashboard so primitive and basic, no leather seats, no fuel trip computer etc.
    - it has so many black trims. considering the acid rain ng P'nas, mamumuti kagad yan magmuka luma
    - the spare tire area is dirt magnet. still it will make your FJ look old unless you clean it thrice a week
    - no rev camera, no back sensors, you'll need it in a high ground clearance car like this
    hindi pa kasama stepboard and roof rack. w/out roof rack I can live with, dirt magnet yun. pero yun stepboard, pag hindi sumakit ang kneecaps and heels mo dito in the long run. stepboard costs 50K ata .wow! holdap
    - parang hindi ok road visibility nya, too many blind spots. it's ok if you live in like Alabang and you work like in Sta Rosa with bigger roads, pero dito sa Manila. wag na lang, hirap yan. dapat sa vehicle na yan may camera all around

overall, the looks and classic appeal can make you ignore all the negatives I listed above, pero hinde rin. and with the P6/liter looming excise tax next year on gasoline, good luck na lang sa fuel expenses

- Fortuner V. no reverse camera! yun lang, and it's quite expensive without modern sensors. if you have budget for FJ, eto na lang, kasi magsimpresyo lang. at least diesel pa.

- Honda CRV. I dont like the looks. but I like how it drives. sobrang dali i-drive ako manuverable sa bumper swerve traffic pag nagmamadali ka

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    honda quiet diesel?
    toyota not so quiet diesel?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Test drive lahat ng 3 choices..

then decide..

dito sa forum, hanggang good info at knowledge, still by the end of the day.. ang decision, nasa inyo pa rin..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post
    Test drive lahat ng 3 choices..

then decide..

dito sa forum, hanggang good info at knowledge, still by the end of the day.. ang decision, nasa inyo pa rin..
    Buying this December CRV 2.0 or FJ Cruiser or Fortuner V - Help me decide! Buying this December CRV 2.0 or FJ Cruiser or Fortuner V - Help me decide!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have just started going thru a bunch of videos from John Cadogan and boy, he sure piss a lot of manufacturers. Maybe this video will help the TS on choosing the right SUV for him.

How to choose the right SUV | Auto Expert John Cadogan | Australia - YouTube

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    You buy a car for different reasons, and people have different priorities. It'd help if you told people here what you intend to use it for.

That being said...

1)FJ Cruiser - I'd disagree with what people say about certain features. But yes, it is the least practical among your choices. Unless you're buying a spare car...but given your choices, I doubt it.

2)Fortuner - probably the most practical choice. Looks good IMO. Ride is the worst among the three.

3)CRV - I think its overpriced for what it is. But thats just me. Ladies love the looks though. Best ride, smaller cabin though than the Fortuner.

Wouldnt worry too much about the tech. Its easy to put in add ons.

But you probably already know in your heart which one you like. Go with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast