New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi po! Magtatanong lang kung gano po ba kalakas ang fuel consumption ng Galant n 94-95 Mdl? Balak ko po kasi bumili 130-140k budget, pero napapisip p din ako, kasi I am also considering a Honda Civic ESI 93-95 Mdl, Mazda 323 Familia 96-98 Mdl, Nissan Sentra Series 3 95 Mdl & Mitsubishi Lancer Itlog 93-95 Mdl, kaso nahihirapan naman ako makakita ng maaus n interior at malinis n makina pag mga gnung sasakyan unlike ng Galant, kahit 94 Mdl maaus p rin interior plus d n kelangan setup-an kasi maporma n xa itself. Ano po b dapat? Pwde po b bigyan nyo ko tips kung ano ung ideal bilhin considering the following:

1) Engine
    2) Interior
    3) Aircon
    4) Fuel Consumption
    5) Less sakit s ulo(Maintenance)

MARAMING SALAMAT PO SA MGA ADVICE NYO :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since you are comparing almost the same year models, the Galant (2.0l up) line of Mitsubishi has more power than the 1600s Civics, 323s of Mazda and Sentras of Nissan. Since a Galant is heavier you'll get a more comfortable ride (relative), a more powerful engine which could result in a higher fuel consumption. Maintenance wise medyo mataas siya maintain but in terms of riding comfort and engine power lamang ka dito.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Which means ok lang bumili ng Galant instead of Civic, 323 or Sentra? I am thinking n pag bumili ako ng worth 130-140k n Galant, wala n q gagastusin para s porma unlike pag bumili ako ng Honda Civic ESI and the likes worth of 130k-140k, gagastos p q s porma at pagpopolish. Sabi mo po sir mahal mag maintain ng Galant, kasi? Is it the price of the spare parts or the frequency ng sira? I mean madali b xa masira or magkaproblema?

**7-9K/L po b talaga ang fuel consumption ng Galant 94-95 Mdl M/T?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Svertalfheim View Post
    Which means ok lang bumili ng Galant instead of Civic, 323 or Sentra? I am thinking n pag bumili ako ng worth 130-140k n Galant, wala n q gagastusin para s porma unlike pag bumili ako ng Honda Civic ESI and the likes worth of 130k-140k, gagastos p q s porma at pagpopolish. Sabi mo po sir mahal mag maintain ng Galant, kasi? Is it the price of the spare parts or the frequency ng sira? I mean madali b xa masira or magkaproblema?

**7-9K/L po b talaga ang fuel consumption ng Galant 94-95 Mdl M/T?
    You have to consider that buying a Galant vs a Lancer or a Corona Exsior vs a Corolla, the spare parts for such cars will be more expensive to purchase and potentially harder to find as well through the typical channels.

And with bigger cars, fuel consumption is higher than it;s smaller "brother".

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Sorry for the SMS/TXT like words, anyway, is it true that in City driving you'll get a 7Km-9Km/L for a M/T 2.0L Engine of Galant and 10Km-12Km/L in highway?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    could be true. everyone i know with 2.0 cars get 6-8 city. maswerte na maka 9. 10-11 sa highway.

my two 1.6 civics of different generations consistently get 10-11 city. 12 sa highway or so (actually parang 11... i forget).

pagdating sa midsize/executive class cars dito, buy-in cost into the "elite" club is small... pero pagdating sa running costs at associated maintenance expenses... well, medyo madugo. that's probably the price you pay for the extra soft ride, power and luxury.

simply put... you cant have a big engine and pay small engine costs... that would never happen.

Pa Help po please :)