New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Sirs, again just want to have some enlightenment regarding these 2 vehicles. Which has the best in over all performance when it comes to...
    - Reliability
    - Efficiency
    - Less fuel consumption
    - Engine power esp in long drives, uphills, etc
    - Stability
    - Matic or manual

Also, what would you suggest more, the 3 door Rav4 or 5 doors?

Again, all your thoughts and inputs will be very much appreciated. We will take all your advices and recommendations that will certainly helps us to decide. Thank you

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by arvin.diesel View Post
    Sirs, again just want to have some enlightenment regarding these 2 vehicles. Which has the best in over all performance when it comes to...
    - Reliability
    - Efficiency
    - Less fuel consumption
    - Stability
    - Matic or manual

Again, all your thoughts and inputs will be very much appreciated. We will take all your advices and recommendations that will certainly helps us to decide. Thank you
    Reliability - Both
    Efficiency - If the unit is well maintained, I guess
    Less fuel consumption - Vitara MT (later models), or RAV4 MT
    Engine power esp in long drives, uphills, etc - RAV4 dahil 2.0 engine
    Stability - RAV4
    Matic or manual - Saan mo ba gagamitin? Kung long drives manual ka na

Kung ikaw ang gagamit most of the time, 3 door RAV4.

I suggest check the CR-V of the same time, and also the Ford Escape, Nissan X-Trail, and the Mitsubishi Outlander.

How much is your given budget ba? And if you want to know more about the Vitara, I'll post my article about it this September 3.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Older Rav4s ba tinitignan mo?

Yun ganito?

Kung yan, Vitara na. Sorry pero ampanget lang talaga ng RAV4 na yan.

Mas may flood fording capability pa yung Vitara. Pero kung etong Rav4

Yan na. ;)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Yun ganito?

Yan na. ;)
    1st gen yata yung tinutukoy niya kasi may option siya na "3 door". Masa maganda din tingnan para sa akin yung 2nd Gen. na Rav 4 compared sa 1st Gen.
    Last edited by LiempoBoi; August 25th, 2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: error

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LiempoBoi View Post
    1st gen yata yung tinutukoy niya kasi may option siya na "3 door". Masa maganda din tingnan para sa akin yung 2nd Gen. na Rav 4 compared sa 1st Gen.
    Hm, I see.

Hindi naman kasi talaga maganda yung 1st gen RAV4 eh. Kita mo pinatay ng CRV. :lol:

Sya nga pala *arvin.diesel, ayaw mo ng CRV?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by arvin.diesel View Post
    - Reliability
    - Efficiency
    - Less fuel consumption
    - Stability
    - Matic or manual

For what will you be using the car? The Rav4 is no good off road, while the Vitara is an ancient dinosaur that'll put the Crosswind to shame. The Rav4 would do fine as a city car though, and the Vitara is an excellent off roader with revered mud plugging and water fording skills even in stock form. We used to maintain a 3 door Suzuki Escudo 1.6A/T in Taiwan before and have been testament to its flood fording capability. It was able to ford floods reaching the windowsills of the car no problem and has an FC of 8-9km/L in Taiwan city driving conditions.

I would always suggest the 5 door over the 3 door for practicality reasons, unless you have no more than one additional passenger 99.99% of the time. The 5 door is very short already anyway.

Here's my take on the two:
    Reliability: Both, though the Rav4 should have an edge in the parts department.
    Efficiency/fuel consumption: Vitara. No matter how you put it, a 1.6L engine will always be more fuel efficient than a 1.8L/2.0L engine, especially in city driving.
    Engine power: Rav4. I have driven a 3 door A/T Escudo before, engine was rather asthmatic though the 160km/h maximum speed indicated in the speedometer is definitely achievable.
    Stability: Rav4. Unibody platform will always be more stable on road than a body-on-frame.
    A/T or M/T: Definitely M/T. Its a lot more responsive and fuel efficient. Old A/T's tend to rob LOTS of power and think with their stomachs (stupid shifting patterns and heavy fuel consumption).

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Matic or manual - Saan mo ba gagamitin? Kung long drives manual ka na

Kung ikaw ang gagamit most of the time, 3 door RAV4.

I suggest check the CR-V of the same time, and also the Ford Escape, Nissan X-Trail, and the Mitsubishi Outlander.

How much is your given budget ba? And if you want to know more about the Vitara, I'll post my article about it this September 3.
    *sir myk384, for everyday use lang po...mostly city driving but once in a while ay umaakyat kami ng baguio, I believe vitara can handle the roads esp the uphills in baguio, right? Original budget is around 180k lng po sana for vitara, inextend lang po namin to 250k when we see the rav4.
    Sige po sir, please post your article about vitara for better understanding...we'll wait for it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Yun ganito?

*sir renzo, yeah ganito pong klase ng rav4 ang tinitignan namin yung mga 1st gen. Thanks po

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    For what will you be using the car? The Rav4 is no good off road, while the Vitara is an ancient dinosaur that'll put the Crosswind to shame. The Rav4 would do fine as a city car though, and the Vitara is an excellent off roader with revered mud plugging and water fording skills even in stock form. We used to maintain a 3 door Suzuki Escudo 1.6A/T in Taiwan before and have been testament to its flood fording capability. It was able to ford floods reaching the windowsills of the car no problem and has an FC of 8-9km/L in Taiwan city driving conditions.

I would always suggest the 5 door over the 3 door for practicality reasons, unless you have no more than one additional passenger 99.99% of the time. The 5 door is very short already anyway.

Here's my take on the two:
    Reliability: Both, though the Rav4 should have an edge in the parts department.
    Efficiency/fuel consumption: Vitara. No matter how you put it, a 1.6L engine will always be more fuel efficient than a 1.8L/2.0L engine, especially in city driving.
    Engine power: Rav4. I have driven a 3 door A/T Escudo before, engine was rather asthmatic though the 160km/h maximum speed indicated in the speedometer is definitely achievable.
    Stability: Rav4. Unibody platform will always be more stable on road than a body-on-frame.
    A/T or M/T: Definitely M/T. Its a lot more responsive and fuel efficient. Old A/T's tend to rob LOTS of power and think with their stomachs (stupid shifting patterns and heavy fuel consumption).
    sir GTi, mostly ay for everyday use lang po and city driving...pero paminsan minsan ay umaakyat kami ng baguio at tagaytay, so Im assuming na kakayanin pa rin ng vitara ang mga uphills esp in baguio kahit pa 5 po ang nakasakay, right?

By the way sir, bakit po ba nasasabing mas malakas sa fuel consumption ang AT over MT?
    Im planning to get an AT po sana so my wife can drive it, pero sa mga inputs nyo po and due to drastically (and consistent) oil price hikes Im now having a second thought kung AT pa rin ang kukunin namin, baka mag-manual na lang kami. Thanks po

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    So, I think majority of you guys preferred vitara over 1st gen rav4...sabagay, practically speaking ay much cheaper ang vitara. And mas may edge pa sya sa off roads and may flood fording capabilities pa over rav4. Hmmmm, it seems at this early stage were already 80% sure what vehicle should we choose between the two...but were still accepting some inputs sir.

By the way, ang 95 - 98 model ng vitara po ay may mga seatbelts din po sa likod, right?

Thanks a lot sa mga nagbigay ng informations and sa mga magbibigay pa po.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di naman gaano difference ng fc ng a/t sa m/t. 10% difference lang yan at the most. kung ok lang sa misis mo na magdrive ng m/t sure m/t ka na, pero since sa post mo ay a/t lang kaya nya i-drive e di why not a/t. ano ba naman yung 10% more fuel kung makakadrive naman ang misis mo. pagbigyan mo naman siya maka-drive, lakas yata ng up sa self esteem ng isang babae kung nakaka-drive sya. magiging more self confident pa siya, ayaw mo ba nun? also, you'll never know there will be a situation na need siya ang mag-drive dahil di ka pwede, or wala ka.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast