New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Engine performance wise what to choose?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd say 2.0R e-VGT for better overall performance and, most importantly, fuel economy. 2.4's are known for their voracious appetite for 95 octane gasoline, oftentimes rivaling the gas mileage of smaller displacement V6's.

I would also get the e-VGT over the 2.4L. Not just due to fuel-efficiency but also due to safety.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    2.4's are known for their voracious appetite for 95 octane gasoline, oftentimes rivaling the gas mileage of smaller displacement V6's.
    Yung 2.4L Theta II?

Paano mo naman nasabi?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I meant 2.4L petrol engines in general, and coupled to a matic transmission would consume quite a lot of fuel. Personal experience on this one is from the '05 Accord 2.4i-VTEC in our family (which I very seldomly use) gets around 5-6km/L city- the gas mileage of a 2.0-2.5V6 engine. Usually only one senior member of our family uses it. Others usually shun that car due to its voracious appetite. Dalawang balik lang from NAIA 3 to Timog Ave, QC (one in the morning and one in the evening) inubos almost half of the 65L fuel tank! Although ang bilis nga ng sasakyan na yan to be honest. I reached 150km/h at Skyway without even noticing and I was actually feathering the throttle at that time, thinking of maintaining an average speed of 120-130km/h. Not so sure as to the exact FC of the Theta II 2.4, but I've read from forums here that Sorentos and Sonatas using this engine don't have spectacular city gas mileage numbers either.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ahhhh. Ganun ba.

Nagtataka kasi ako yung CR-V ko matipid, 2.4L 4WD. Parang mas malakas pa yung bagong Sportage 2.0 Theta II. Based sa number of days na tinatagal ng 1 full tank. At mas malaki pa fuel tank ng Sportage.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Grabeng nakakatakot uminom yung Accord namin eh. I thought its the same engine as the 2.4L CRV? K24A4 diba? And the Accord is only FWD. Something to do with the tuning perhaps? Hindi naman masasabing dahil sa neglect yan because it has always drank this way since the day it was taken home six years ago.

Para sa TS: Masarap magdrive ng 2.4L petrol. The power is always there when you need it and the sound from the engine is something a diesel cannot substitute. Yun nga lang ang tindi sa pitaka! Still, the diesel is the better option between the two. In this case, it either matches or gives even better performance as compared to the 2.4L petrol but gets much, much better gas mileage. Kahit sabihing mas mahal ang maintenance, diesels typically last longer than their petrol counterparts and you compensate for the extra maintenance cost through the thriftiness of the engine. At minsan minsan lang naman tayo magpapamaintenance eh, so IMHO its not much of a big deal as others may think.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    K24AZ.

The message you have entered is too short.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Kahit sabihing mas mahal ang maintenance, diesels typically last longer than their petrol counterparts and you compensate for the extra maintenance cost through the thriftiness of the engine.
    Old school diesels - Yes

New generation CRDi engines - Hell no. After 50,000kms you can feel the pain. After 100,000kms, help me God

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Haha~ Naku naman... But there are folks here whose CRDi's have clocked well past the century mark, you think the reliability of new generation CRDi engines might be impoving after all? So far yung Trooper namin is at 72000kms old. Except for becoming a bit of a drinker, there hasn't been anything going wrong with it besides normal wear and tear, some alternator problems (which was easily solved) and also the injectors and turbo replacement. Sana naman hindi aabot sa "help me God" stage sa watch namin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hyundai tucson 2.4L gas or 2.0 r-evgt