1. durability
    2. reliability
    3. fuel efficiency
    4. riding comfort
    5. price
    in that order. ;) thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    In that order, the Hilux will likely come out on top. Of course, with the new engine, we can't really tell yet. But the old KD engine has been around for over a decade, with hundreds of thousands of units sold, and has been very durable (except for a few D4D issues during its early days).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hilux easily takes the cake.

New engine and tranny
    Locking differential
    Resale value after 5yrs
    Lots of options to come.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I know 1 thing for sure, definitely NOT THE FORD RANGER/MAZDA BT50 TWINS! Sirain ang 2 ito, so reliability is almost zero.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tanfoglio9mm View Post
    What would be the best 4x4 pickup for you? Primary considerations being:
    1. durability
    2. reliability
    3. fuel efficiency
    4. riding comfort
    5. price
    in that order. ;) thanks!
    Given your criteria:
    1. Hilux
    2. Hilux
    3. Does it matter at this point?
    4. Does it matter at this point?
    5. Does it matter at this point?

:D :D :D

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Had one like this in ice blue metallic. Very reliable. I got offered a lot from people wanting to buy it.

Image from http://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/...ont_resize.jpg.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Thanks for the feedback guys, actually was looking at NP300, Dmax, and the Hilux. Friends with the older Navara had complaints. Those with Dmaxes and Hiluxes were all praises. I had a horrendous experience with the Montero both with the unit and the service so won't be touching a Mitsubishi anymore in my lifetime. The Wildtrak looks really macho but mixed reviews on the reliability aspect. So it boils down to 2. Dmax and Hilux.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung meron pang lumang Hilux, I'd suggest you get that, in manual form. Kung durability at reliability ang usapan, we can never tell with an all new model. Most of them have had their early model glitches, Hilux included. 3.0M/T, ang lakas ng hatak niyan, mas matipid pa as compared to the 4AT variant. And being a Hilux, rock solid resale value is a definite, lalo na kapag 4x4. Just look at those prehistoric LN106 selling for 500k pataas!

Personally have no problem with the Mitsubishi. We have a 2013 Strada GLS Sport V A/T. Nasa mga 30tkms ngayon, so far so good. Matibay at malakas ang hatak, none of that SUA crap.

Among the current crop, kapag wala nang old Hilux, D-Max ako. Definitely checks all the boxes for a good workhorse vehicle.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    I know 1 thing for sure, definitely NOT THE FORD RANGER/MAZDA BT50 TWINS! Sirain ang 2 ito, so reliability is almost zero.
    Just saw a blue ranger in front of bdo loaded on a flatbed yesterday.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    My friends ranger t6 had already log in 180,000 kms. Wala pa din nasisira at pinapalitan maliban sa consumables.. Sakin naman 42k palang... Satisfied naman ako, kinakargahan pa namin ng 1ton na engine...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast