New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Am looking for a delivery van. Drop side body. Prefer new. Load is light just bulky.

Price L300 crew cab 577,000 vs Jinbei Bonnet head 590,000
    capacity L300 1145 kg 8 feet bed vs 1800 kg 10 feet bed for the Jinbei
    power L300 71 hp and 140 nm of tourque vs 82 hp and 183 nm of tourque for the china truck.
    Reliability L3 is a proven platform. No idea on for the Jinbei.

I already narrowed my choices down to these 2. So what do you think is the better buy.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Jinbei Bonnet Head? Just checked out the site. Ask first if the 2.7L engine is Nissan's TD27 or any other Jap engine. And if its got only 82ps and 185Nm, it most certainly ain't turbocharged as it claims as the Urvan's engine gives a similar power output and their own Haise van using the same engine makes 90ps and 245Nm. I've seen quite a few Jinbei trucks on the road and I don't really like what I see. They don't seem to age well and they sound terrible. There's no crew cab (4door, 6 seater) L300 as far as I know and I don't really like getting the L300 due to its age and heavy tendency to spew black smoke and overheat during long trips. Crash worthiness ain't good as well. You can actually see the very front of the cab (where the grille is) from the inside! If you're going for China brands, I suggest you go for the more established ones like Foton, JAC or Great Wall. Pick the models that have Isuzu engines and with the most parts interchangeability with their Japanese counterparts or else you'd be going to the casa for every maintenance session and repair for the rest of your truck's life.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Theres a reason why the l3 is still alive and still selling..nuff said

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Consider also the Hyundai H100. Our neighbor is into the foam business. Huge yet light cargo like yours. Picked the Hyundai and has been running through the provinces with it. You may consider a newer 2nd hand Isuzu NHR too if you want.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I crossed out the H100 bec of price. Its specs is almost identical to the L3 but costs 676,000 or 99,000 more than the l3

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I see. Are you looking at the bare cab and chassis version only? If you really must get a Jap, even if its an old 80s design then the L300 is for you. But for newer and more efficient technology,and much higher carrying capacity I'd suggest you get a Foton Tornado 2 or JAC Prince. Both of which carry the venerable Isuzu 4JB1 engine and are well accepted by the Philippine market. When getting a Chinese truck, NEVER get one with a Chinese engine kaya medyo takot ako diyan sa Jinbei. Or, you can get reconditioned (and not remanufactured, you can read the story here: http://tsikot.com/forums/philippine-...46/index2.html) surplus Isuzu trucks.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Any idea how much is the Foton Tornado 2? If both Jac and foton use the 4JB1 then I;ll give them a second look. Any idea which Chinese truck uses the engine from the Mitsu Canter?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    for me, the best option would be Isuzu IPV, yun nga lang pricey, that's why patok ang L300 becuase of swak sa budget and swak sa reliability.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Any idea how much is the Foton Tornado 2? If both Jac and foton use the 4JB1 then I;ll give them a second look. Any idea which Chinese truck uses the engine from the Mitsu Canter?
    Yung JAC Prince meron pa ngang turbocharged version ng 4JB1 (with tilting cabin) kung gusto mo. Yun yung problema eh, I can't seem to find the price lists for the trucks of the Chinese car companies. You can perhaps try visiting their dealerships for their price quote, siguro you might even get a good discount. Hmm~ I don't think may gumagamit na Chinese truck ng Canter engine as Isuzu's are generally more reliable.

As far as Japanese engines go, Isuzu are way more reliable than Mitsubishi. As far as Chinese assemblers go, Jinbei has some reasonable reliability.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
L3 vs Jinbei