New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Pansin niyo ang daming nagkalat sa kalsada, parang ang daming yumaman..

Anyway pinaka common ko nakikita Mustang, and also Cobra Shelby GT500...why is it so?, compared to Camaro and the vary rare Dodge Challenger..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pero sobra bihira Corvette

mas affordable kasi mga yan kesa Corvette

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    2.7M to 5. something e, affordable na nga...ang GTR nasa 7M...

Pero may nakausap ako, kumuha ng Camaro kesa sa GTR, wala daw siyang pakialam kahit maunahan daw siya ng GTR...mas masarap daw i drive ang muscle car..lol

anak ng mayor eh...lols

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Pansin niyo ang daming nagkalat sa kalsada, parang ang daming yumaman..

Anyway pinaka common ko nakikita Mustang, and also Cobra Shelby GT500...why is it so?, compared to Camaro and the vary rare Dodge Challenger..
    Probably because Ford is a more reputable brand here than Chevy and more dealer support than Dodge (???). More affordable than Corvette or Viper. And as powerful and equally good looking than all of them.

https://www.facebook.com/AutoEncorePhil

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Pero may nakausap ako, kumuha ng Camaro kesa sa GTR, wala daw siyang pakialam kahit maunahan daw siya ng GTR...mas masarap daw i drive ang muscle car..lol

anak ng mayor eh...lols

hindi kasi lahat JDM crazy

meron talaga fans ng American V8

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Common ang Mustang kasi sulit.

Under 3m, meron kang 400 hp V8. Yung V8 na Camaro mga 4+.

The Mustang costs less, weighs less and is a bit more compact and easier to live with (both feel like tanks compared to a Genesis or 86, however). Of course, get the Shelby and you'll be going through rear tires pretty fast.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010

anak ng mayor eh...lols
    :bwahaha: i could understand if it was against a gt500 but really a camaro? :bwahaha:

here's my thought though and i know i'm going to get a lot of hate for this but honestly, i'd rather own a shelby gt500 than a gtr. heck i'd rather own lots of other cars than a gtr. i've driven lots of super/exotic/muscle/sports cars and even owned a couple, truly the gtr is one of the fastest car i've driven, but it doesn't offer anything special besides it's speed, everything else sucks. build quality is mediocre and interior feels cheap for a 7M car, even if it was only 3-4M it still feels cheap. no offense fan boys but in the streets you wouldn't feel the difference of the gtr to other 400+hp cars unless you run it side by side with other cars. not even a small track like the brc or cis will make you feel the difference, it will need a huge track for you to actually feel the real power of the gtr compared to the others. luckily for me i have a friend in california that owns one so i was able to drive this to it's full potential in willow springs. i'll only buy one if i plan to track a lot, but for every day driving or a week end car i'd rather own something else. not everyone cares about going fast all the time or being the fastest on the street.

anyway BTT out of the muscle cars available locally my first choice would be the challenger srt8. it's faster than both the mustang GT and the camaro, plus it's bigger and can actually fit an adult on the back seat. last choice would be the camaro since it's slow, doesn't handle as well as the mustang and challenger, has too many blind spots and build quality is mediocre at best. but if the mustang boss is available locally, i'm talking about casa available of course, then i'd get that one. i don't know why but i love the boss more than the shelby gt500, maybe because the boss was only sold for a limited time and can out handle other euro sports cars.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Woah GTR is 7M?

grey market lang siya available diba?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yes grey market lang 7.5M ata to be exact but there's lots of 2nd hand with very low mileage selling for 5M. karamihan kasi bumibili ng gtr dadalin lang sa track ng ilan beses para ma testing tapos hataw ng ilan beses after ilan months pag sawaan ibebenta na agad to move on to a euro car. those who keep their gtr's are either people who go to the track a lot or mga kids na parents nila ang bumili kaya di nila kaya palitan.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah. The GTR is fantastic, but the local price is a huge negative.

Imagine, a Mustang GT, buy a supercharger for that and you're in the same ballpark, while not spending much more than 4m.

Then again, a 5m secondhand GTR, an extra 1m+ for the Switzer 1300 hp conversion, and you'll have something that won't just beat supercars, but demolish them.

My tastes tend towards cornering more, though. An interesting idea is a Toyota 86 with an LS swap. Potentially 3m for a 400 hp slide-happy 86. Or do it like Ian King did, a secondhand E46 with an LS swap...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast