New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    may friend ako planong bumili ng car next month.
    tinatanong ako kung alin daw sa 2 ang mas magandang bilhin. kako, post kami dito sa forum para malaman namin ang mga comments and suggestions nyo.
    hingi na lang kami sinyo ng tulong....maraming salamat in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    yung fiesta dami features. yung cruze big outside pero parang masikip inside

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ford Fiesta is also kinda tight inside. Two big guys would be elbow to elbow if they would sit in front. But surprisingly rear legroom is kinda good for such a small car.

One thing I noticed, the (dual clutch) A/T version of the Ford Fiesta is s..l..o..w to react and accelerate. The Mazda2 1.6 A/T is actually better in power and driver response.

So if you are buying a Ford Fiesta, get the manual tranny version. Even the 1.4L M/T feels great & better to drive than the 1.6l A/T.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The Cruze theoretically has the edge being a C-segment car vs the B-segment Fiesta, pero depende pano gagamitin ang kotse...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Bigger driver and passengers, Cruze.

Magkaiba naman kasi ng segment yan....subcompact vs. compact.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    yung fiesta dami features. yung cruze big outside pero parang masikip inside
    Masikip compared to what? The Cruze has the biggest back seat in the class, and the front seat is competitive with everything but the Lancer, which is, hands down, the most spacious "compact" out there.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Ford Fiesta is also kinda tight inside. Two big guys would be elbow to elbow if they would sit in front. But surprisingly rear legroom is kinda good for such a small car.

One thing I noticed, the (dual clutch) A/T version of the Ford Fiesta is s..l..o..w to react and accelerate. The Mazda2 1.6 A/T is actually better in power and driver response.

So if you are buying a Ford Fiesta, get the manual tranny version. Even the 1.4L M/T feels great & better to drive than the 1.6l A/T.
    Do Focus TDCi experience this too with there powershift? Can it be adjusted by reprogramming the ECU? Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gear hunting does occur on parking lot speeds, I notice this myself...

Pero kung sa normal roads ok sya especially if you rev it. Unfortunately for an economy driver like me, the Fiesta tranny likes to rev. Its hard to make it shift to 2000RPM laging 2500RPM or 3000RPM ang gusto nya! It takes some good gas pedal footwork to make it shift at 2000RPM...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Gear hunting does occur on parking lot speeds, I notice this myself...

Pero kung sa normal roads ok sya especially if you rev it. Unfortunately for an economy driver like me, the Fiesta tranny likes to rev. Its hard to make it shift to 2000RPM laging 2500RPM or 3000RPM ang gusto nya! It takes some good gas pedal footwork to make it shift at 2000RPM...
    diba may manumatic mode naman po ang fiesta?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zner2525 View Post
    diba may manumatic mode naman po ang fiesta?
    Nope. Really needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by bodz View Post
    Do Focus TDCi experience this too with there powershift? Can it be adjusted by reprogramming the ECU? Thanks!
    Not especially... and any lack is masked by the fact that the Focus TDCi makes power all the way from 2000 rpm to redline.

Dunno about reflash, but they should work on one.

It's not horrible... it's just programmed for smoothness rather than speed.

Unfortunately... you're buying a subcompact with a 1.6... you expect speed.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

fiesta vs. cruze