New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi all,

I'm currently choosing between the following variants of the CX-5, CX-3 and the Mazda 3:

Mazda CX-5 2017 2.0L FWD PRO - Php 1.550M (base model)
    Mazda CX-3 2017 2.0L FWD SPORT - Php 1.380M (mid-model)
    Mazda 3 2017 Skyactiv R 5DR (hatch) - Php 1.268M (mid-model)

I don't need lots of space - usually 1-2 passengers only; commute is mostly Taguig and Makati. I'm not a fast driver. I'm coming from a Subaru Forester, before that the RAV4 (when it was still a small-ish SUV). I occasionally encounter floods, although not too much in the last years, which is why I have opted for an SUV. But I like the CX-3's looks, realized from the threads here that its ground clearance is sedan-like, so I thought I'll add the Mazda 3 na din. My budget is 1.5M and below, preferably below.

Not interested in any of the current offerings of Honda, Toyota, Hyundai. The only other cars I'd be interested in looking at right now are the Nissan Juke NStyle or maybe the Kia Soul CRDi. Maybe the Ford Everest, in the big SUV segment.

I would appreciate your thoughts. Salamat.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Get the Mazda CX-5, it's the latest among the three ... plus it has better ground clearance ... scratch out the Mazda CX-3 ... the Mazda 3 is much better option than the CX-3, it's roomier, has better value, drives better, larger cargo area ...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    wait for the new version cx5. the nvh improvement is very good. its like riding a bmw as some reviewers commented.

the everest seems a better option though. diesel is sooo cheap.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    +1 on the CX5. It's the most practical choice among your options.

What model of the Forester do you have? If it was the previous generation, maybe you can consider the current generation? With the current discount, the mid trim Forester 2.0i-P (Premium) is priced about the same as the CX5 Pro.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    +1 sa CX-5 but wait for the new model to come out this month.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Dba mazda 3 and CX5 share the same flatform?

If yes.. do they ride the same? Is the performance the same...
    Last edited by glenn manikis; May 1st, 2017 at 05:42 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post

If yes.. do they ride the same? Is the performance is the same...
    The Mazda3 is lighter than the CX5 so don't expect similar performance assuming they have a similar engine. The CX5 rides higher unlike the Mazda3 which sits lower to the ground.

Among the CUVs, they say the CX5 drives closest to a compact sedan if not better than some compact sedans.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    +1 sa CX-5 but wait for the new model to come out this month.
    It's already out. I saw the 2017 model when I visited a showroom last Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    +1 on the CX5. It's the most practical choice among your options.

What model of the Forester do you have? If it was the previous generation, maybe you can consider the current generation? With the current discount, the mid trim Forester 2.0i-P (Premium) is priced about the same as the CX5 Pro.
    I own the previous generation. If I go the Subaru route, it'll likely be the XV. Though I know that there's a new model coming out later this year. But based on my history, I got my RAV 4 when a facelifted one was about to come out; I got my Forester when the XV was coming out. I'm not really a latest and greatest type of person. Haha.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post

If yes.. do they ride the same? Is the performance the same...
    I think the new cx5 is more like the mazda6...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast