New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Which vehicle do you prefer?

We're thinking of replacing our Everest with a BMW.

For daily driving toh. I need your opinions.

It's similar to this one. Sulit ID 4548722

I think yan nga yun bibilhin namin, I'm not sure, halos pareho kasi specs nila from color to ending ng plate number.

Yung Everest namin is 4x4, AT, Limited Edition.

And price check narin po sa Everest.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung pang daily drive, I suggest na stick with your Everest na lang. Baka ma-shock ka sa mahal ng maintenance ng BMW at saka by the mere fact na SUV yung Everest at least mas may laban ka agad pag dating sa biglaang flash floods as long as its not Ondoy proportions.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Looking around, a 2007 Everest 4x4 would probably sell at around 800+k assuming that it is in good condition. But I would also suggest you stick with the Everest. The 318i is not a very fast car, its cramped inside, and maintenance is expensive too. If you want your Everest to be fast, you can add performance mods if you want. The 3.0L Duratorq is an excellent engine to tinker with, given the abundant torque available through a broad range and abundant power available at low revs. Its amazing to see how much simple modifications like cranking up the boost of the turbo, installing a Unichip and aftermarket air filter can do to increase power. You'd most probably be breaching 200bhp already at this point! And then you can do a brake upgrade and some suspension mods if you want.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Kung pang daily drive, I suggest na stick with your Everest na lang. Baka ma-shock ka sa mahal ng maintenance ng BMW at saka by the mere fact na SUV yung Everest at least mas may laban ka agad pag dating sa biglaang flash floods as long as its not Ondoy proportions.
    Maintenance is not an issue daw, meron rin kasi kami isa pa.

Hindi rin pala daily driven, mga 3x a week lang.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Looking around, a 2007 Everest 4x4 would probably sell at around 800+k assuming that it is in good condition. But I would also suggest you stick with the Everest. The 318i is not a very fast car, its cramped inside, and maintenance is expensive too. If you want your Everest to be fast, you can add performance mods if you want. The 3.0L Duratorq is an excellent engine to tinker with, given the abundant torque available through a broad range and abundant power available at low revs. Its amazing to see how much simple modifications like cranking up the boost of the turbo, installing a Unichip and aftermarket air filter can do to increase power. You'd most probably be breaching 200bhp already at this point! And then you can do a brake upgrade and some suspension mods if you want.
    Thank you sir GTi, your reply is very much appreciated. I'll show my mom what you wrote, pero I doubt na maiintindihan niya.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Guys how's the FC of the 318i? Mas tipid ba siya kesa sa Everest?

How do you find its looks? Timeless ba siya like yung Z3?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Personally, I love the looks of the E46 M-Sport edition especially the 325i M-Sport SMG. Mas may appeal pa yan sa akin than E90.

FC niyan, don't expect na mas matipid yan sa Everest. Isama mo na rin na mas mahal ang unleaded fuel sa diesel, kahit Petron Turbo Diesel pa.

Since maintenance cost is not an issue, go for it. Make sure lang na ok pa talaga yung unit. Bonus na ang "image" diyan. BMW e'.

I like BMW cars but for daily-driver or family commuting I'd stick with something more practical such as your current SUV. I would also not get a gasoline-powered car instead of a diesel-powered SUV...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The economy of the E46 with the smaller engines is not great. Heavy little cars, fuel-sapping rear-wheel drive drivetrain. I know a couple of 318 and 320 owners, and even if you get a manual transmission, economy is so-so.

They're really nice cars to drive around if you're by yourself, but they're not cheap to maintain and the back seat is hella cramped.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    They're okay if you're going to drive it by yourself. If someone else will drive it for you, then forget it. I'm not really fond of having cars that are not within the BMW 6-7 series range driven by chauffeurs.

And no matter how you argue, when you park it beside your Everest and let people pick as to whether where they will ride on, the BMW will surely have a landslide win. BMW e'. ;)

At 2nd hand pala bibilhin mo, make sure they're in their TIP-TOP shape. Let them be in a condition below best, then you're f*cked. Mahal yan i-maintain, lalo na ipagawa.

If I were to have a BMW, I will have it filled with V-Power. And its price is waaaaaaay far than diesels which your Everest drinks, kahit na sabihin natin V-Power Diesel pa. ;)

Pure seeeeeeex.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
'05 BMW 318i or '07 Everest