New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    New Avanza's air circulator makes it feel like a bigger green house. It does seem to offer better shoulder room in the front vs the Ertiga. The Xpander obviously offers the best shoulder room as well as the widest center arm rest.

They like the Xpander's interior and driving dynamics.

Toyota and Honda will have the most safety features once they officially launch.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    New Avanza's air circulator makes it feel like a bigger green house. It does seem to offer better shoulder room in the front vs the Ertiga. The Xpander obviously offers the best shoulder room as well as the widest center arm rest.

They like the Xpander's interior and driving dynamics.

Toyota and Honda will have the most safety features once they officially launch.

this will be a nice battle when all new models arrive. Avanza being a "Toyota" will most likely sell the most. Xpander may still offer the best interior space and convenience features but the safety features of the Avanza and BRV will offset this. Ertiga will still probably be the "best bang for the buck" because of it's lowest price. speaking of price, magkano kaya mga to when they arrive here? sana di naman lumagpas ng 1.2m

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    1. Avanza being a "Toyota" will most likely sell the most.
    2. the safety features of the Avanza and BRV will offset this.
    3. Ertiga will still probably be the "best bang for the buck" because of it's lowest price.
    1. I almost agreed here.
    2. The TOTL variants will receive their ADAS. I don't think potential buyers really buy TOTL variants
    3. It will probably get Stability control and Suzuki PH will increase its price by 50,000

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    iba talaga pag torque converter sa extreme inclines... the cvt with 1.5L engines were screaming with 6 passengers.

Bingung Beli Xpander atau Veloz? Tonton Video Ini Sebelum Menyesal! | CintamobilTV - YouTube

5. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    iba talaga pag torque converter sa extreme inclines... the cvt with 1.5L engines were screaming with 6 passengers.

Bingung Beli Xpander atau Veloz? Tonton Video Ini Sebelum Menyesal! | CintamobilTV - YouTube
    Nice review. First time ko makakita ng suspension test gamit yung basong may tubig.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002

ayos a. sana may english version hehe di rin ako sold sa CVT. sana 6AT na lang but I guess it would be more expensive.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Isn't torque converter cheaper vs CVT? It's much older tech, but undergoing a resurgence because of modern control systems solving many of its old weaknesses (i.e. slow shifting, gear hunting etc).

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Isn't torque converter cheaper vs CVT? It's much older tech, but undergoing a resurgence because of modern control systems solving many of its old weaknesses (i.e. slow shifting, gear hunting etc).
    Mas mura CVT vs traditional AT. Hence why all econoboxes are now moving to CVT save for a few niche brands.

CVT cheaper to produce, more expensive to maintain kasi palit ng buo pag may sira. That’s not the manufacturer’s problem anymore though - priority is to make cheap cars that have good mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Mas mura CVT vs traditional AT. Hence why all econoboxes are now moving to CVT save for a few niche brands.

CVT cheaper to produce, more expensive to maintain kasi palit ng buo pag may sira. That’s not the manufacturer’s problem anymore though - priority is to make cheap cars that have good mileage.

some writers before said that CVT does significantly save on fuel expenses, compared to the more traditional AT..
    is this fuel savings of CVT vs. AT, true in real-world experience?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    some writers before said that CVT does significantly save on fuel expenses, compared to the more traditional AT..
    is this fuel savings of CVT vs. AT, true in real-world experience?
    Yes. If you look at US EPA ratings of the exact same cars with the exact same engines, the CVT has on average 2-3 MPG improvement over the traditional torque converter AT.

Sample, 4th gen CRV:
    5AT - 23 mpg city / 30 highway
    CVT - 26 mpg city / 33 mpg highway

3 mpg is roughly 1.2 km/L

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast