New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    For a family of two, which would you choose and what would make you choose one over the other?

Will be used mostly for city driving, with the occasional long drive (Baguio, La Union, Vigan, ganun). I'm thinking, the price difference (would be getting a bank loan for this) would be offset by the monthly gas consumption.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    guinea pig ka pa sa kicks.

Tapos wala available na S.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jepster View Post
    For a family of two, which would you choose and what would make you choose one over the other?

Will be used mostly for city driving, with the occasional long drive (Baguio, La Union, Vigan, ganun). I'm thinking, the price difference (would be getting a bank loan for this) would be offset by the monthly gas consumption.
    I feel na under-powered yung non-Turbo HR-V

also find it disappointing na wala syang reverse sensor (even the TOTL version)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I feel na under-powered yung non-Turbo HR-V

also find it disappointing na wala syang reverse sensor (even the TOTL version)
    I think lahat ng models from Honda walang reverse sensor even the CR-V TOTL.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    guinea pig ka pa sa kicks.

Tapos wala available na S.
    Other countries like Vietnam/Thailand ata ang naging guinea pig sa kicks e-power.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    i mean meron na ba 5years year yan sa ibang bansa nakareach 120,000 kms.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    may nissan e power na kotse na 5 taon na?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    I think lahat ng models from Honda walang reverse sensor even the CR-V TOTL.
    wow...

naalala ko tuloy bigla nung bago yung City ko.

I requested reverse camera + reverse sensor (35K + 2.5K)

sabi sa akin ng SA, di na kailangan yung sensor since may camera na.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    back to the thread topic...

mid-range Kicks vs Non-Turbo HR-V

feeling ko, if you plan to keep the car for 10 years and more...

HR-V will be a better option. the L15 engine + CVT is used by the current City, Civic and upcoming BR-V
    technically, same din sya sa previous gen City, BR-V and Mobilio

if ayaw mo na magpa-service sa casa, there's also Honda SPA

I'm sure wala kang magiging issue sa battery ng Kicks for the next 15 years or more. pero naiisip ko pa lang na electric yung A/C nya and iilan lang siguro and A/C shops na maglalakas loob na gawin sya.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    If I were in your position, I would ask the following since a Hybrid is being considered.

1) how much is my "usual" annual mileage travelled for the vehicle? - By my estimates, you should at least be averaging around 10k kms of city driving (as a minimum), ideally 15k kms annually (ideal) to get the most out of the Kicks. The fuel savings you get after 10 years will provide you with the "buffer" in case you need battery replacement while still having remainder/excess of fuel savings on top of that. This assumes even a cost for battery replacement to be in the neighborhood of around 200k php. This assumes the Kicks can "double" you fuel efficiency/mileage for the same liter of fuel compared to NA ICE/Turbo ICE engine.

2) Price. The base model of the Kicks is "okay" but not ideal. Bang for buck is the mid trim at around 1.309m php. Initial SRP. Sales Agent told us that was introductory and they had limited first batch delivery, maybe only 100 units. There is now a waiting list, not sure if the price will be the same once units are again made available. The non turbo HRV is at 1.25m php, sandwiched in between the Kicks models being mentioned. Is the feature list of the non turbo HRV sufficient to satisfy your driving needs compared to the mid level variant Kicks? Personally for me, Kicks mid variant is already "loaded", the TOTL has "too much icing" that you I would never really need/use. So, with the HRV Turbo with Honda Sensing starting at 1.598php, vs a mid level Kicks at 1.309m php, is the additional price of 300k php worth it? At that price difference, you could save that even at annual term time deposit. Use that saved amount + interest to pay for maintenance and battery replacement of Kicks. Performance would beat the Turbo of the HRV from 0-60 and 0-100 with legal speed limits locally because of the electric motor. But my thoughts on the matter hinge on the fact that HRV does not have discounts and the Kicks VE will not have price increases.

3) Suspension and Comfort - I'd personally say Suspension of Kicks is on the "utilitarian" side after riding with my friend's Kicks and also test driving it. Comfort is "better" when it is loaded (5 Pax or with cargo). But if only with 1 or 2 persons inside, not so great. Especially at low speeds and encountering road undulations/potholes. Plus, the tires on the Kicks, even in proper pressure have stiff sidewalls. This is normal with Eco Tires though so it "could improve" if you replace those tires to something else. Do note that it will have the possible downside of lowering fuel efficiency if you shift away from EcoTires to have lower road noise and comfort. For Noise transmitted inside the Kicks, the "whirr" of the compressor is very distinct but a little muted inside the cabin. Outside though, matinis/sharp and rinig siya talaga when it "kicks on". Different pa audible sound of the engine charging the battery, especially from a cold start. Inside the vehicle, normal, but outside medyo distinct and rinig siya. Not as loud as a diesel, but very distinct in my opinion. Car Horn mas "malakas" audio going into the car interior that going outside. Ewan ko lang kung baliktad installation ng busina sa kaibigan ko pero very audible ang busina paloob. haha! He will have it checked pag nagpa 1000km checkup na siya.

4) Freebies - No freebies at all sa Kicks. Hehe! Kahit EWD, payong or seat cover wala. Sumbrero at lanyard nakakuha kaibigan ko. Haha! Sa Honda ba anu libre?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast