New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Guys, 'Would be very glad if you can help me out.

We're planning to buy our first car, pero 180k max lang ang budget. We are leaning towards the mentioned choices. Pero di kami masyado familiar with cars. Ang main concern namin is fuel efficiency and availability of parts and syempre cheaper parts sana. Prefer ng wife ko is AT. First time driver kasi sya and natatakot pa kasi talaga sya mag drive ng manual. Everyday service lang naman and occasional out of towns. Di naman namin prefer ang mabilis na car. We're not into hardcore car enthusiast, but ofcourse we want to keep the car well maintained kahit 2nd hand na namin kukunin.

Salamat po sa mga mag aadvise!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Between the two, i'd go with the Exalta. Bigger and beefier car; 1.6L, body is more solid, nicer interior, etc.The City however will have an edge on fuel consumption I would believe. The problem you'll face really is finding a vehicle in good condition so you also have to set aside another 30K or so just for a general service and repairs.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Thank you Sir for the advise. Actually I only estimated 20K for possible repairs and conditioning. Hope to find a really good consition unit.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    exalta will be the better choice here, except perhaps on the fuel consumption aspect.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Thanks! Do you have any idea how bad the fuel consumption of the exalta? some says it can go 9-10km/l on city driving. is this info accurate? very much interested to know. 'hope someone can give insights.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    City driving would be closer to 7 km per liter. Especially in Makati traffic

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by arkiyore View Post
    Thanks! Do you have any idea how bad the fuel consumption of the exalta? some says it can go 9-10km/l on city driving. is this info accurate? very much interested to know. 'hope someone can give insights.
    my bro in law has one.... matic.
    averages 8 kpl, city, 10 kpl, highway.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Go for the Exalta because although it consumes more fuel, it is bigger and safer for having airbag and ABS, important lalo for novice drivers. The City has NO airbag and ABS. And the Exalta has more features than the City. You get more car for your 180K. Parts are abundant too.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    my bro in law has one.... matic.
    averages 8 kpl, city, 10 kpl, highway.
    Ah, thanks! That's not bad at all for an AT right?

How's the performance of his car? Does this model has costly maintenance and spare parts? compared to honda/toyota?

Sorry for too many questions. I actually prefer honda but my wife really likes the looks of the exalta. :-)

10. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Go for the Exalta because although it consumes more fuel, it is bigger and safer for having airbag and ABS, important lalo for novice drivers. The City has NO airbag and ABS. And the Exalta has more features than the City. You get more car for your 180K. Parts are abundant too.

Thanks! Nice to hear this. I think I will be going for Exalta.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast