New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok.... medyo matagal na ako dito sa forums and sa dami ng topics na nasamahan ko, medyo naguguluhan pa din ako.

ganito kasi yun.

i have a company issued vehicle (a 2012 Monty Sport) that i regularly use. Walang deductions, walang maintenance costs. Gasolina lang ang sagot ko. However, meron pa akong isang benefit that i want to use which is a 500,000 car loan. sagot din ng company ang half of the loan which is 250,000, so ang idededuct lang sa akin is yung other half.

i would want na din kasi to dispose of my aging 2007 Hyundai Getz. So ito ang choices ko.

2012 Vios 1.3 E M/T

Pros :

- its a Toyota
    - plenty of parts
    - fuel consumption is proven na frugal

Cons :

- medyo mataas ang mileage (around 38k+++)
    - older than the other choice

2013 Nissan Almera M/T

Pros :
    - wala pang isang taon (mag iisang taon pa lang this August)
    - 4800 kms pa lang ang odo.
    - love the color (charcoal gray)

Cons :
    - wala akong mabasang information and reviews masyado.
    - lower resale value
    - parts (?)
    - durability (?)
    - higher FC daw than the Vios (around 10 kpl lang daw)

I am thinking of keeping the car for around 8-10 years (baka ipamana ko na sa anak ko). FC is also important to me dahil nasanay na ako dun sa FC ng Getz. I am also desiring a headache free maintenance period for 5 years.

What would you think shall I get?
    Appreciate opinions.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Almera has better space pero since you have a Montero for that baka that's not one of your priorities.

Vios na lang. Plain black interior is easier to maintain. Sigurado 10 years from now may pyesa pa yan.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ako din Vios na lang mahirap makipagsapalaran sa Almera especially you wanna keep it longer term. I barely see one in the roads...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    2012 Vios. I'd look for a unit na mas mababa mileage though.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for the feedback.
    another option..... although kinda different worlds.

how bout a 2011 Altis G M/T? Would it be much worth it than the 2012 Vios E in terms of maintenance, durability and resale?
    or would the Vios 2012 be more worth it?

i know medyo mas mataas ang FC neto.... nasa 10 kpl lang ata, pero ok lang.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Altis is I think is better built and has bigger space inside. Mas upmarket pa itsura and it's not that common.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Between the two, I'd get the Vios. Sure, the Almera is more spacious and has more amenities, but I personally dislike the design, and parts may not be as easy to find or as cheap as the Vios, considering it's near non-existent population on the road.

But then again, are these two your only choices? I'd suggest you look some more. Ever considered a 2nd hand Kia Carens? I believe it fits your budget, and would be a joy to drive.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    thanks for the feedback.
    another option..... although kinda different worlds.

how bout a 2011 Altis G M/T? Would it be much worth it than the 2012 Vios E in terms of maintenance, durability and resale?
    or would the Vios 2012 be more worth it?

i know medyo mas mataas ang FC neto.... nasa 10 kpl lang ata, pero ok lang.
    It still a Toyota, so all things being equal, (resale value, durability, etc.) I'd go for the Altis.

More car for the money.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for the insights.
    decided to go and get the Altis.

will be getting the unit this week. Already did a test drive and swak na swak sa akin, pati laki.