New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Very specific due to price range and my own short list
    Jazz 1.5 facelifted 854K... discounted Altis G is about the same.... I can not go beyond this price range. 800-850++

This is actually for a 2nd car and can be used by me and driver.

My logic tells me Altis G but I cant seem to warm up with it. The Honda Jazz is more of a runner up also.... Jazz is okay but I cant accept that driver will use it... parang lang may mali... And I always hear that Jazz is big inside (comparable to Altis)

1. Interior space, which is better (not aesthetics but purely passenger space) I also have kids.
    2. Which is more practical overall for me and driver (factor in abuse of driver and kids)... though I know both are already practical enough

No City or Vios for me (Altis wins for me)... no 1.3 Jazz for me, parang better value yun 1.5 considering the facelift.

Any thoughts?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Altis is bigger than before... good elbow room and legroom. It's not the biggest in the class, but it's pretty good.

The 1.6 AT reportedly gets very good fuel economy. My uncle uses one as his coding car (his other car is a Camry), and he uses a driver with it. A cousin with a Jazz also uses a driver. There's enough legroom in both to be comfortable in the back with a driver up front, as long as he isn't 250 pounds and five foot ten.

The Jazz drives better (steering and paddle-shifters), the Altis used to ride much softer, but the facelift has a slightly stiffer suspension. Due to this, I feel the Jazz has better wheel control (you'll notice this on bumpy roads)... though overall comfort is similar.

Best is to test-drive both and decide... as you're going to be the one using the car, you'll know which one you'll like better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    that was fast :-)...

I have driven an altis (all my bros and sis have one) and yes its very practical... like what I said, Logic tells me to get an Altis... its just that its not exactly large inside and the fit and finish is comparable to Vios (which makes the Vios a good car)

Admittedly I have not ridden with the current jazz... all people I ask who owns it swears its large inside... Is it comfortable like an Altis in terms of passenger space. BTW - car will be solely used in the city, so ride comfort is not exactly an issue... puro traffic naman ang pupuntahan nitong 2nd car :-) school and office lang!... and malls... will it get bullied in merging traffic?!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    bakit di ka mag test drive ng jazz sir? o kahit dalawin mo lang sa showroom para makita mo yung jazz.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    sir niky said it all.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Jazz is indeed comfortable for four, with lots of legroom, though I feel it is not as wide as the Altis.

The Jazz looks small, but is actually quite big... and the tall roofline increases your visibility to other motorists. You shouldn't get bullied any more than you would in an Altis.

Oh... and one other thing... the Jazz 1.5 AT isn't as economical as the old Jazz 1.5 CVT... and some owners have been disappointed with it. The 1.6 AT Corolla is very economical for a compact... whether this makes the Corolla more economical or just as economical as the Jazz, I don't know... you can look at owner's reports, but unless those trips were done in the same area in the same traffic, there's no telling if this will bear out in the real world for your use.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    if you value low nvh more over driving dynamics, you would appreciate altis better.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Maintenance, Power and Space --- Altis. Looks --- Jazz.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Jazz has a slightly firmer ride and seats compared to the Altis...

Honda Jazz: 117 HP
    Toyota Corolla Altis: 124 HP
    Altis for me :D

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I was always a sucker for sportier vehicles and at the same time, safety features.

It just so happens that the Jazz is 1 up on the Altis here.

(No passenger airbag on the Altis G, plus paddle shifters on the Jazz). Jazz for me.

Also, having ridden in both the current gen Civic and the Altis, the Altis is definitely smaller on the inside (compared to the Civic, of course).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
jazz 1.5 VS altis G (both AT)