New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    My father is about to buy a 2nd hand or converted SUV....his choices are:

Land Cruiser VX Limited (ex-RHD)
    1997 Nissan Patrol Safari (local LHD)
    Toyota Hi Lux Surf (ex-RHD)
    and 1996 Nissan Pathfinder (ex-RHD)

which is the best choice? actually temporary lang naman, pang kayod na sasakyan kaya kahit gamit na. We went to Subic kanina, actually Nissan Safari na gusto nya na LHD, kaya lang after seeing the Toyota Land Cruiser sa auction, parang nagbabago isip nya, lalo na nung nakita nya.

Magkano din po kaya ang mga price nito sa bidding? it will be our first time kasi eh. and if ever Land Cruiser, mas ok ba yung turbo diesel 5seater or gas wagon 7 seater version? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Land Cruisers start out at Php 680k.

Ok na yung 4.2 diesel. 155bhp na yun. More powerful than even some gasoline engines. May 7 seater na diesel. You just have to look around.

Between a local Safari and an ex-JDM LC80, I'm personally leaning towards the LC80. But then again, we are going to tinker around with the vehicle so downtime is not a very big issue.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1997 Patrol Safari...kaya lang i'm sure mas mahal ito compared sa lahat nang ex RHD vehicles in your list.

Why the original LHD...less headaches. Pero like most of the threads here talking about converted vehicles, if you have the patience and the interest then an ex-RHD might be no problem for you. Also make sure there's a mechanic who can help you fix your vehicle. (Malapit sa bahay) para pag tumirik madali hatakin.

Yung LC70 JDM , nang kaibigan ko 1 month na sa Puerto Azul sira yung EFI sigh....

actually ganun din sa dad ko eh. added bonus pa ng LC80, may moonroof! and the conversion was done using a new dashboard and a LHD conversion kit na. ang sa patrol safari naman, its cheaper (we've seen some at about 500+ lang, super kinis at ayos na ayos pa)....pero syempre iba ang Land Cruiser right? thanks bossing!

if ever 600+ thou nga start ng Land Cruiser, mas mura yung local safari. the problem left is the aircon, kasi wala pang connection, pero complete na daw ang lahat, ayusin lang daw ang connection ng vents.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung aircon ng LC80 pwede ayusin nina Cong Obet sa Pampanga (ask kimps or Olive Drab for directions).

Yung sa LC70, pati mga vent selectors napapagana nila.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    take the LC VX or Safari
    depends on the price
    and condition of the units..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If its a project vehicle where you can afford the downtime to disassemble and rework the suspension, do TIG welding, brakes, AC, etc.. to near OEM-spec, then the converted LC looks cool.

But i'd probably lean towards a Safari na local.

Try to weigh the costs between getting an LC na converted and repairing it vs. getting a Safari and adding a turbo kit, aftermarket suspension, etc.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow that would be the best way to punish me... hirap mag decide, depende na lang sa condition ng unit,

but to answer your querry

Local Nissan Safari, lalo na i'll be cruisin it with my family

safety first

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Mag local ka na lang.

I have many bad experience with converted subic vehicles.

Laki ng gastos ko and downtime.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Help! Land Cruiser exRHD or Nissan Safari LHD