New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi, we are planning on getting a new SUV this january 2013, we are looking at these three suvs to be our everyday car in the garage. These are the things that needs consideration:

1.) we are family of six, 2 adults, 3 teens, and one kid
    2.) we are upgrading from a montero sport so hindi ba underpowered yung pajero knowing montero has a more powerful engine despite its size?
    3.) fuel efficiency? Exclusivity? Durability? Ehem performance,safety, etc.

Will wait for your advices. TIA

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hindi ba mas powerful ang Pajero?

Well, I'd cancel the Explorer kasi everyday car siya. So unless you can live with 4-5km/L consumption everyday then I'd scratch the Explorer. Yung Santa Fe, okay naman. Diesel. Fast. Looks modern. Has toys but the Pajero is entirely on a different aspect IMO. When you say you drive a Pajero, you're seen at a different level... at a different class in life. And I bet it has more offroading capabilities than the other two.

So I'd go for the Pajero BK. If ever you won't scratch the Ecoboost, might as well throw in the CX9 into the choices but my choice will stay the same which is the Pajero

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Hindi ba mas powerful ang Pajero?

Well, I'd cancel the Explorer kasi everyday car siya. So unless you can live with 4-5km/L consumption everyday then I'd scratch the Explorer. Yung Santa Fe, okay naman. Diesel. Fast. Looks modern. Has toys but the Pajero is entirely on a different aspect IMO. When you say you drive a Pajero, you're seen at a different level... at a different class in life. And I bet it has more offroading capabilities than the other two.

So I'd go for the Pajero BK. If ever you won't scratch the Ecoboost, might as well throw in the CX9 into the choices but my choice will stay the same which is the Pajero
    I think, kasi 178 hp yung monty compared sa 160 hp ng pajero.

Talaga bang malakas sa gas yung explorer kahit 2.0 "ecoboost" lang sya? What if hindi talaga sya everyday car kumbaga like weekend car kasi meron naman kami extra cars or kahit hindi sya malakas sa gas, would you still recommend it?

Santa fe, hindi ba parang same level lang sya ng montero except you're paying for a higher valued car? I mean is it worth the upgrade?

My family is kinda old style baka hindi nila i-consider yung cx9 tho im a fan of its rareness.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ang layo ng price ng pajero dsl sa santa fe 2wd. practicality, i'll choose santa fe. pero kung kayang kaya talaga pajero then go. as bro renzo said, ibang level ang pajero. may class :D

gas consumption at pahirapan sa pagkuha sa dealers ang explorer

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameTaken View Post
    I think, kasi 178 hp yung monty compared sa 160 hp ng pajero.
    Torque figures, do you have an idea? I haven't checked paper to paper spec kasi. Well my relative had a Pajero CK before, may have a different engine but that thing weren't even close to being "underpowered"

Talaga bang malakas sa gas yung explorer kahit 2.0 "ecoboost" lang sya? What if hindi talaga sya everyday car kumbaga like weekend car kasi meron naman kami extra cars or kahit hindi sya malakas sa gas, would you still recommend it?
    Mas matipid lang ng konti sa regular explorer. Might be around 5km/L sa city. 6 at best? Kung hindi everyday car, and you can pay the gas bills ... sure. It's a great looking car. Has few drawbacks but that's normal. Wala naman perfect car.

Santa fe, hindi ba parang same level lang sya ng montero except you're paying for a higher valued car? I mean is it worth the upgrade?
    Class-to-class, it is. It's an upgrade kasi for the price Hyundai is asking, it's worth it.

My family is kinda old style baka hindi nila i-consider yung cx9 tho im a fan of its rareness.
    Kinda weird na they considered the Santa Fe kung old-style sila (just saying)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    If you guys dont mind me asking, why do always people say na pajero is in a different class even if being compared to prado, explorer and of course the santa fe? My father always say that also. Kasi to be honest i dont really like it that much, its just that its always in my father's vocabulary and we want a car that everyone in our family wants para walang lamangan

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you guys dont mind me asking, why do always people say na pajero is in a different class even if being compared to prado, explorer and of course the santa fe? My father always say that also. Kasi to be honest i dont really like it that much, its just that its always in my father's vocabulary and we want a car that everyone in our family wants para walang lamangan
    Siguro from its roots na ren yan. Like Nissan... when you tell your dad that it's a Nissan isipin agad nyan malakas aircon. Kahit sa ibang tao sabihin mo Nissan, AC agad sabihin nyan. So when you tell people now that you drive a pajero, kahit san mo icompare yan na SUV they will always think it's higher in class ;)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    some people dont mind that. pero usually oo. example, vios and camry. ang vios ordinary look lang. pero ang camry parang executive look. ganun lang yun. may catefory sila

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    *Renzo

I think its torque is 370nm i dont have any idea if that is any higher than that of the montero dunno. Regarding sa fc ng explo, we live in batangas and pag manila naman kalimitan around lasalle taft lang ang destination. So hindi masyadong traffic kasi thru vito cruz slex yung route sorry ha if im being makulit regarding sa explo, i mean who wouldnt. Regarding naman sa santa fe reason na we are considering it is it is our third time na napasama to sa choices namin and 2 times na naging stupid ang same H dealership not to take us seriously Kaya we ended up buying eve,monty respectively.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    *Renzo

I think its torque is 370nm i dont have any idea if that is any higher than that of the montero dunno. Regarding sa fc ng explo, we live in batangas and pag manila naman kalimitan around lasalle taft lang ang destination. So hindi masyadong traffic kasi thru vito cruz slex yung route sorry ha if im being makulit regarding sa explo, i mean who wouldnt. Regarding naman sa santa fe reason na we are considering it is it is our third time na napasama to sa choices namin and 2 times na naging stupid ang same H dealership not to take us seriously Kaya we ended up buying eve,monty respectively.
    sa Lipa city ba ito na H dealership? same ownership ata with nasa Shaw which is also st*p*d. I ended buying from a different dealership.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Ford explorer ecoboost vs mitsubishi pajero dsl vs hyundai santa fe 2wd vs ???