New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Honest comparison/review of all generations. Yaris gen 1&2, Swift gen 1,2&3. Which one is the best for a second hand car, in terms of looks, fuel efficiency and overall performance. Thank you so much.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I would look at the Honda Jazz for a good balance of utility, space, performance, and fuel efficiency. If you want handling and performance, it has to be the Mazda2 SkyActiv or Fiesta Ecoboost.

The Swift would have been better if they introduced locally the turbocharged model.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I really love the looks of the new Swift... Although at PhP 799k, I find it too expensive. (City E is only 868k)

I think the Yaris starts at 1M! (Jazz is around 900k)

Plus for the Swift is that medyo matagal bago sya mag palit ng model... The Second Gen was sold for 6 years tapos yung 3rd Gen, (from Indi0a) feeling ko ilaw lang nagbago.

If you're looking for second hand...

I think it will be easier to find a Swift, plus since medyo mababa resale value nya compared to the Yaris, you will find a newer car.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    My friend has a Yaris. FC is not that frugal compared to my other friend's Swift.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Anung gen naman ang pinakaokay sa SWIFT?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    *ts

May mga nababasa akong rack and pinion issues before sa mga swift na may 1.4 engine.

Sa 1.2 itteration, parang mga typical normal wear and tear lang. So i think mas ok yung 1.2 version (previous).

Have you ridden the swift ba? Interior is still cramped.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 15thMan View Post
    Honest comparison/review of all generations. Yaris gen 1&2, Swift gen 1,2&3. Which one is the best for a second hand car, in terms of looks, fuel efficiency and overall performance. Thank you so much.
    Neither. Get a decent condition honda jazz. Avoid versions with CVTs though.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Neither. Get a decent condition honda jazz. Avoid versions with CVTs though.
    The new Jazz comes with an improved CVT, same with the City, Civic, and CRV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The new Jazz comes with an improved CVT, same with the City, Civic, and CRV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still wouldn't trust any CVTs especially if its Honda. I've seen a video where the last gen's Accord in america had its CVT gone bad at such a low mileage, plus reading the comments in the video, many seem to share similar problems with CVTs in general. Better to play safe, get a manual jazz or get the previous gen with the 5AT torque converter if the car is planned to be kept for a long time.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    CVTs have shorter life expectancy compared to regular geared ATs. Once CVTs go, they're unlikely rebuildable. Fluid change intervals are closer & much costlier. They're now common for 2 reasons....lower build cost & fuel economy. Manufacturers don't really care about maintenance cost...More maintenance equals more service equals 'job security'.[emoji53]
    Are they better than early versions? Yes. Will they outlast conventional ATs? Given same conditions & usage, unlikely.
    Think this parallel: Palm roof as CVT vs Metal or Tile Roofing as Conventional AT.
    CVTs are fine bought new or leased. For peace of mind, they're best paired w/ live warranty. Those looking to keep em long term, grabbing warranty extension will be wise. If I were in the market for a used mini, I'd look at nonCVTs like previous gen Jazz or Yaris. Both very good cars....better than their current CVT versions IMHO.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast