New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    any news of up coming SUV's this year which costs between 1.5 to 2.5M?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Maybe the all new Ford Everest which shares the same face with the upcoming Ford Ranger.. By the time nissan phils would introduce the Nissan Pathfinder (navara suv) outdated na yung design

... New fortuner?? Havent seen or heard a spy report about it.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    as for the Fortuner, it is still quite early for a full model change but it is already half past its life span- counting since its thai launch in 2004 (local launch in 2005). but at this time, im positive to predict that Toyota is already working on the design boards.

probably by 2012 or 2013 - expect a new range of IMVs

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    my wife likes Alterra ( for reason I dont know) - now, if I filter my preferences, this would be as follows:

1. Fuel Consumption (kasi travelling long distance is the main reason of buying the SUV)
    2. Interior Space (7 seater ang kailangan namin)
    3. Durability/Safety (what do you think in comparison to Ford Everest?)
    4. Riding Comfort (considering if we travel long distance, we should feel relax inside except the driver
    5. Budget of maximum 1.5M

Please help me decide . . .

Thanks . . .

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    What with the sheer size of the new Ranger, if they base the Everest on it and throw in rear disc brakes and independent suspension, wouldn't it qualify to battle the likes of the Pajero and Prado already?

*want-alterra: Perhaps your wife liked the "Escalade" like look of the Alterra? I find the Alterra to be OK, its got lots of toys but its pretty old already and the engine is not as powerful as its rivals. Do you need to take in 7 folks and their stuff regularly? If so, I'd suggest you get a Starex or Carnival instead. The 3rd row of an SUV is NOT a good place to be in, especially for those people taller than around 5"7.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks GTi, actually, we don't need to fill in 7 seats every time we travel, it's just that, at times we may need to use its maximum but not as often as it should, besides, more space means more stuff we can carry. I would presume that you prefer the Ford Everest over Alterra under given preferences . . . Ford Everest seems to be cheaper as well than Alterra.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by want-alterra View Post
    Thanks GTi, actually, we don't need to fill in 7 seats every time we travel, it's just that, at times we may need to use its maximum but not as often as it should, besides, more space means more stuff we can carry. I would presume that you prefer the Ford Everest over Alterra under given preferences . . . Ford Everest seems to be cheaper as well than Alterra.
    Yes, the Everest matches the Alterra in the toys department, has more power, is also very good off road and has a 5 speed A/T- a feature not found in any else in its class. But do you need the offroad capability? These SUVs have very uncomfortable 3rd rows. I'd suggest you go for the Grand Starex or the Carnival. Both are very fast and comfortable as well.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    wow, thanks for the inputs, definitely will take them into consideration in the decision making . . .

up coming SUV's