New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    I am currently looking at these 2 to replace my 7year-old, 200k kms, 2015 Isuzu Mux 4x2 AT.

We are 3 adults and 2 kids (5 and 8 y/o) now. So 5 in total.
    We will probably add 1 more adult (helper) by the end of this year.

I plan to keep this new car for at least 7 years also. But this time it won't do 200k kms again because my work has shifted to WFH setup.

My heart says CR-V but my mind says Innova.
    I want the CR-V because it is a CR-V. I think most (if not all) of us will agree that it is "more premium" than the Innova G. It has LED headlights, leather seats, Honda Sensing etc. vs the Innova G's reflector halogen headlights and fabric seats. It is a choice of car enthusiasts for a lot of reasons. Matagal ko ng gusto magka-CR-V dahil basta gusto ko lang.

I am just a bit worried about CR-V's interior space. Coming from Mux, it is definitely a downgrade. The shoulder room of the 2nd row seats, leg room of the 3rd row and trunk area will definitely be smaller. Hence, I am also considering the Innova. (Pass na ako sa mid-size SUV ulit).

I have read in the facebook groups that CR-V Diesel owners experience gearbox and engine support issues.
    Sa Innova, wala.

So my questions are:
    - What are the common issues of these 2 models that I should we wary of?
    - If you are in my shoes, what will you choose between the 2? (Gusto ko talaga ang diesel at itong 2 models na ang napili ko sa lahat ng available sa market ngayon)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Almost 300K price difference between the 2 cars you're comparing.

Honda Cars Philippines › Price Guide
    Price List | Toyota Motor Philippines

Asked my wife to check the CR-V earlier. di nya gusto (interior and exterior)

Looking at both car's cycles, 10 years sa Innova and 5 years sa CR-V, pero both car's have rumored replacements na.
    Honda CR-V (6th Gen)
    (2023) Toyota Innova - rumor thread

IMO. Innova is a practical choice. Especially the G Variant.
    Kaya lang ang hirap nya bilhin in 2022. No DRL, no Safety Sense, no cruise control.

Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    So my questions are:
    - If you are in my shoes, what will you choose between the 2? (Gusto ko talaga ang diesel at itong 2 models na ang napili ko sa lahat ng available sa market ngayon)
    common issues - suggest you join FB groups and observe
    between the 2 - will choose the Innova

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Haven't had issues with my CR-V S Diesel. If 3 adults and 2 kids, kaya naman ng 1.6L diesel engine. Pero kapag teenagers na yung 2 kids, feeling ko hirap na. There was one time passenger ko parents ko and their full size luggages sa cargo area. Ramdam ko yung hirap ng CR-V paakyat ng Nagtahan bridge. I really had to step on the accelerator para di mabitin. Hehe

For a family of 5, I think better ang Innova. People hauler talaga. Or try Geely Okavango although wala pa ko napanood na review that tested it with more than 1 passenger.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    I am currently looking at these 2 to replace my 7year-old, 200k kms, 2015 Isuzu Mux 4x2 AT.

We are 3 adults and 2 kids (5 and 8 y/o) now. So 5 in total.
    We will probably add 1 more adult (helper) by the end of this year.

I plan to keep this new car for at least 7 years also. But this time it won't do 200k kms again because my work has shifted to WFH setup.

My heart says CR-V but my mind says Innova.
    I want the CR-V because it is a CR-V. I think most (if not all) of us will agree that it is "more premium" than the Innova G. It has LED headlights, leather seats, Honda Sensing etc. vs the Innova G's reflector halogen headlights and fabric seats. It is a choice of car enthusiasts for a lot of reasons. Matagal ko ng gusto magka-CR-V dahil basta gusto ko lang.

I am just a bit worried about CR-V's interior space. Coming from Mux, it is definitely a downgrade. The shoulder room of the 2nd row seats, leg room of the 3rd row and trunk area will definitely be smaller. Hence, I am also considering the Innova. (Pass na ako sa mid-size SUV ulit).

I have read in the facebook groups that CR-V Diesel owners experience gearbox and engine support issues.
    Sa Innova, wala.

So my questions are:
    five passengers is fine.
    but six? kawawa naman yata yung pang-anim. are these two vehicles' third rows that comfortable?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    same boat kami ni misis nun 2018. papalitan yung kotse niya.

crv vs innova.

yun kapatid ko has a 2018 crv tapos nag test drive kami ng innova g sa toyota dasma. ending bumili kami ng sedan.

ok na sana yung innova ang deal breaker lang sa amin medyo low rent yung interior saka medyo unrefined yung suspension. wala kaming driver and most of the time kaming dalawa lang sakay. so dapat yung masarap i-drive at masaya ka kapag nasa loob ka ng saskyan. yun sa crv ng sister ko correct i was worried about the power pero sa short time i drove it mukha naman adequate na yun makina pero yours being a larger family that is an all too legitimate concern.

i will choose the cr-v being mainly because of the refined interior and ride. i'm not too concerned with the power sheet sa brochure i used to drive kasi an isuzu fuego with all of 85hp ang i don't know how many lb-ft of torque.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    For family trips involving 5-6 people, the CR-V may not meet the required cargo space specially if you can't pack light and plan on spending 2 or more nights at your destination. But I agree, it is a step above any PPV including the Innova in terms of ride, handling and overall refinement. The diesel is not quick or fast but with the torque, it is more than enough for regular use without feeling too strained compared to the gas variant.

If you have a bigger family car, the CR-V will be a great everyday car you can use for when you are not travelling with the whole family. But for a single car for the family I'd get something bigger. My Terra is a good compromise, not as unwieldy as say a Grand Starex but enough to carry 7 pax + 2 nights' worth of luggage when packing sensibly. But still I feel the need for more space (no space for the mrs' shopping ). So I suggest maybe consider a Hyundai GS or a Kia Carnival.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The 1.6 DTEC doesn't feel bad at all. Because of the high torque all of that power is available down low. At 2000rpm it's already making 100hp, vs the 2.0 gas R20 which needs to be at 5000rpm before it makes the same 100hp.

1.6 DTEC dyno chart from Celtic Tuning UK (stock is the black line)

2.0 R20 dyno from Temple of VTEC

This might be comparing crank HP (diesel) vs wheel HP (gas), so adding 15% drivetrain loss and comparing 100hp on the diesel to 85hp on the gas, the gasoline engine still needs to be at around 4500rpm to match the diesel at just barely above 2000rpm.
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; May 6th, 2022 at 05:59 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I think of it this way... the honeymoon stage with the CR-V will grow old really fast. The so-called refinement, panache, and the fuzzy feeling you get will be outweighed by practicality sooner than you think.

Consider it... you're downsizing from a Mux while at the same time, your kids are getting bigger and you're adding a 6th person.