New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Guys, my sister from Canada is giving me a present this January 20, 2009 a Brand New SUV worth (P1M-P1.2M).. i need suggestions on what SUV should i pick, worth the money and a good investment w/c can last a lifetime...

Low Maintenance Cost
    Availability of Parts and Service
    Safety Features
    4WD or 2WD would work just fine
    Pros and Cons

Here's my list as of now...

Ford

1. Escape 4x4 XLT 2.3L Duratec VVT
    2. Everest 2.5L DuraTORQ TDCi 4x2 MT

Hyundai

1. Tucson 2.0 CRDi Dsl 4x4 AT Spec Up

Kia

1. Sportage LX 4x2 Dsl AT
    2. Carens 2.0 Li LX CRDi MT

Nissan

1.X-Trail 2.5L 4x4

Chevrolet

1. Captiva 2.4 Gas AT 4x2 CUV

Mazda

1. Mazda Tribute 2.3L 4x2 A/T

================================================== ==========

I will post some pictures after January 20, 2009 after we buy our Brand New SUV...

Hope to hear replies from you guys....

~ Happy Holidays ~

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Have you considred the Honda CRV 2.0 (4x2) m/t or a/t ? Price at PHP 1,220,000.00 and PHP 1,270,000.00, respectively. I think it can be still be discounted.

The X-Trail is old and awaiting a replacement, which Nissan Philippines has yet to launch.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Nissan XTrail might be "old" but its a tried and tested design where both ride comfort and vehicle utility excels over other vehicles of its class.

Rides like a car, capable on the rough stuff (not too rough but rougher than others in the same class), practicle cargo area (plastic flooring is easier to clean than carpet) and seats five people in comfort.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    So you will be junking your AUV plans --Crosswind XUV vs. Adventure GLS Sport?

From your list, my vote goes to:

-if you're inclined for diesels: i'll take the Tucson. Everest if you need the seats.
    -for gas-fed CUV from your list: the Ford Escape.

And yes, the CRV is at least worth your consideration.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    * Gerbo

Yes Sir, at first AUV lang kaya ng budget ko but then again may budget na pang SUV compliments of my balikbayan sister.... hehe.... btw, i have visited Nissan showroom here at ILOILO City and Nissan X-Trail is one of my list but my sister wants a 7-seater parang Ford Everest gusto niya.....

sa January 20, 2009 pa kami bibili pagdating nya, if i choose Honda CRV it will take almost 1 month and a maximum of 2 months kasi marami kami sa waiting list. Demand is high and the supply of units here is low kaya if we choose the Honda CRV matagal pa makuha unit kasi marami sa waiting list.

Dinagyang Festival dito sa ILOILO CITY January 24... cnu taga ILOILO City dito?

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    from the initial list, i like the Escape 4x4.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ECG View Post
    from the initial list, i like the Escape 4x4.
    Thanks for your Comment Sir, kung 5-seater lang ang pipiliin ko yung Nissan X-Trail at Ford Escape talaga ang gusto ko pero (7-seater) ang gusto ng sis ko so no choice will go on with the Ford Eve para makasakay si lolo ang lola....

ok sana pang off-road ang Nissan X-Trail nakita ko sa youtube grabe astig pero 5-seats lang pde makasakay, mahirap naman mag compress ng tao sa loob parang sardine can... hehe....

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    The Escape or X-Trail would have better second row passenger legroom than the Everest. Everest is a body on frame design that is designed for off-roading. Which is why most of its undervehicle parts have been raised into the body at the expense of cabin room. Everest's third row is not very comfortable (no headrests) and legroom is almost none existent. Sitting position is similar to a crouching position.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Since you're gonna give a ride to your folks, then ride comfort should be topnotch in your list.

There's only one...

Santa Fe CRDI 2.2L, power, economy, comfort and reliability at a cheap price (only about 300k more).

Close second is the 2008/9 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 3.2L

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by neondayne View Post

Dinagyang Festival dito sa ILOILO CITY January 24... cnu taga ILOILO City dito?
    I'm from Iloilo City Mandurriao to be exact, got Black SF 4x4 CRDi from E Rod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
SUV suggestion what to buy