New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    hi tsikoteers,

i hope you can help me out.

i'm thinking of buying a 2nd hand car, preferably automatic. right now im choosing between a honda civic 2007 1.8 S AT and a honda city 2009 1.3 AT.

the main reason im considering the honda civic 1.8 s AT is because the one selling it is a good friend of mine, and im assured that its well maintained (casa) and is 100% flood free. other than that i'm not that familiar with the performance, maintenance costs ... of this car.

as for the city 2009 AT, i used to drive a honda city 2003 1.3 AT model and its performance was just right for me. im expecting the same performance with the newer version.

hope you guys can help me with choosing between the two. what are the pros and cons of choosing one over the other, resale value, performance, etc.

thank you very much in advance!

Performace of the Civic is not bad, but it's not so fuel-efficient as a Corolla. And since its internal space is more limited than the City, I'd go for the City. However, nowadays the City is fitted with a 5-speed AT instead of the CVT...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Performace of the Civic is not bad, but it's not so fuel-efficient as a Corolla. And since its internal space is more limited than the City, I'd go for the City. However, nowadays the City is fitted with a 5-speed AT instead of the CVT...
    sir, whats the difference between 5-speed AT vs cv

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The 5 speed A/T is more durable than the CVT. It can also take more power if you go the tuning route. However, it is not as fuel efficient as the CVT.

How much is your friend selling the FD for, by the way? Kung between the two, FD nalang ako. Kahit papano, iba talaga as compared to a 1.3L subcompact. Hindi naman siguro ganon ka grabe ang FC ng FD, just keep a light foot.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Go for the Civic. 2nd hand prices between the two isn't that big. Also, you are assured that you'll be driving a "SURE" well maintained car from your friend.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    thank you mga sirs! malaking tulong feedback niyo...im leaning towards getting the FD already..you have any idea on how much the periodic maintenance is for the fd?every 10km din right?

off topic, my friends last night suggested that i also look at mazda 3 1.6/2.0 since 2nd hand prices are from 350-400k.. i have no idea about this car..is it a good car compared to the fd?

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by d_rookie12 View Post
    thank you mga sirs! malaking tulong feedback niyo...im leaning towards getting the FD already..you have any idea on how much the periodic maintenance is for the fd?every 10km din right?

off topic, my friends last night suggested that i also look at mazda 3 1.6/2.0 since 2nd hand prices are from 350-400k.. i have no idea about this car..is it a good car compared to the fd?
    Every 10kms yung periodic maintenance ng Civic FD.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by d_rookie12 View Post
    I believe you're much better off with the FD. The Mazda 3 2.0 is an excellent car but it is rather thirsty. The Mazda 3 1.6 is underpowered AND thirsty. The FD 1.8S is still the better choice. I'm sure it will match, or at least almost match, the Mazda 3 2.0 in terms of performance and be much better in the fuel economy department.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Go for the FD bro. May peace of mind ka dahil kilala mo ang may-ari....

14.4K:out:

hunting for a 2nd hand car - honda civic or honda city 2009 AT?