New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    help nman mga bro.im buying a 2nd hand car, can somebody please tell the process from verifyng if its a hot car to registering.mahirap ba?im buying it for my bro and he lives in quezon province.im on vacation lang for 30 days and im staying in makati so most likely sa sa metro manila ako maghahanap ng car.pwede ba nya e drive the car at sa province e register.help lang mga nakakaalam about this, i will really appreciate it.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    2 things you need to do is to get a copy kahit xerox lang ng O.R. and C.R. ng kotse so you can verify it sa LTO mas okay ata kung saan mismo naka rehistro yung kotse ..... the other is to have the car macroetched sa PNP-TMG section ..... go there get a application for verification/macro-etching pay the fee at the nearest Landbank branch. tapos pa macro-etch na .... i think you have to go back after 3 days to get the result .... so this first tapos pag cleared na sa PNP-TMG .... the clearance is only good for 10days ..... then you get the car transferred to your name at the LTO ...... check the LTO website for procedures ..... u can do it in less than a day .... www.lto.gov.ph

i'm selling my altis by the way hehehehe

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thanks tediber, another dumb and stupid question bro, what is OR and CR? comfort room lang alam kung cr eh :-).thanks for offering ur car , medyo di kaya ng budget ang altis, 200k and below lang ang budget tol.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    OR CR stands for Official Registration / Certificate of Registration.

(guys correct me if i'm wrong...)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i see ,so kelangan original ang hawak ng seller and not photocopy, am i right?pano kung 2nd owner na sya, ganun din ba process? salamat.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kahit pang ilang owner po, dapat meron syang orig.

if the OR CR isn't under the current owner's name, dapat meron syang mapakita na deed of sale from the previous owner (whoever the OR/CR is named) and match mo dapat signature and ask for a clearance.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    mas complete documents mas mabuti ..... basta alam ko OR at CR orig copies dapat yan pwede i verify sa LTO mas mabuti kung san mismo naka register

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    * tediber
    how much do you offer your altis?
    details please.
    thanks!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jing: please transact through PM./

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    madali lang mag check ng hot car. just ask a xerox copy of the OR and CR then go to any LTO office. Give the plate number of the unit and request for a computer generated print out of the owners details and the details of the car then compare the data with the photocopy provided by the owner. hot cars are tagged at the data base of LTO kaya pag pasok nila ng plate number ng unit, malalaman nila kaagad kung hot car yan. may data base din TMG kaya pwede rin doon pero mas completo sa LTO. no need to secure for a TMG clearance for as long as you personally go and check to either of the two offices. also see to it that the serial number of the engine and chassis matches with the OR and CR.

As much as possible, avoid open deed of sale. pag open deed of sale yong hawak niya, better let it be closed para yong ka-deed of sale mo eh yong mismong nagbebenta ng sasakyan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
please help..buying 2nd hand car