New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Good day fellow tsikoteers!

This is gonna be my first car.. and I'm just learning how to drive. My usual route would be Makati to Malabon to Santa Mesa and I'll only be using this for about 2 - 3 times a week. Only me and my girlfriend will be the passengers of this car and my budget is 200k. I want a fuel efficient car. Please give me some pointers on what car to buy. Thanks and more power fellow tsikoteers!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    a corolla bigbody or lovelife both GLi

add atleast 10-20k petot for repairs and maintenance,

you can try the search function. madame ng ganyan threads

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    a corolla bigbody or lovelife both GLi

add atleast 10-20k petot for repairs and maintenance,

you can try the search function. madame ng ganyan threads
    Sir, are you talking about the 2002 lovelife? From what I have seen in sulit.com, its price is still at 230 - 250k range. I think I can add 10 - 20k to my budget though. Thanks for replying sir!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    How bout civic hatch? Is it still fuel efficient nowadays? Hatch was really my first choice because of its looks but it's quite an old model already.. Inputs anyone?

TIA..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mondymondy View Post
    How bout civic hatch? Is it still fuel efficient nowadays? Hatch was really my first choice because of its looks but it's quite an old model already.. Inputs anyone?

TIA..
    better to get an EK civic sedan 1996-2000 or 01. 1998-2000 or 01 would be the sir body. its in the near price range with the rare but in-demand civic hatch. 190-300k petot i think.

i even saw a civic hatch priced at 550K at grupo toyota's selling board. damn price! hehe

the hatch is impractical,imho. unless you can afford to get it in its best shape then go on. many hatches are abused and raced, so there is a bigger chance getting a semi-busted unit.

anyways, any decade old car would mean a lot of repairs and TLC. all you need is money and a good mechanic.

but there are few that are still in good/perfect condition, a lot of patience is needed on hunting these units.

good luck on your car hunt. happy new year

my two cents
    Last edited by aejhayl17; January 2nd, 2011 at 04:15 AM.

Planning to buy a secondhand car early this year!