New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    good day po sirs and mams...

im planning to buy a 2nd hand car and my choices were down to 3, either altis, lancer or nissan grandeur,, my budget po is 300 to 380k. bale i know na pasok po sila lahat sa budget ko pero i want to know the other pros and cons of these 3 cars..
    kindly give me some advice and comparison of these cars, on maintenance costs, performance and looks.. or better yet, sa lahat ng aspects na lang po.. im a newbie buyer... i would really appreciate your comments...

salamat ng marami..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'd go for the Exalta Grandeur in a heartbeat.

The best interior among its competitors, dependable and relatively thrifty 1.6L engine, plus of course the legendary Nissan cooling power. Hindi rin ganun kamahalan ang parts, and you don't need to dress it up to look good, unlike the EK Civic, IMO. I owned a Sentra pala before, Series 3 nga lang, not the Exalta variant.

Yung dashboard ng 03 Altis looks cheap and is a veritable dust magnet, and I never really liked the front fascia of the Altis. Parang mongoloid ang dating sa akin, hehehe, those headlights look weird for me.
    Last edited by Galactus; March 31st, 2009 at 05:44 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hmmm... hello and welcome sa tsikot mam!

maybe ang unang altis ang makukuha mo sa ganyang price. maybe kung yung 2nd gen alits, yung LED and brake lights, as far as the E variant ang pwede mo makuha. altis is a good car naman, maintenance eh good kasi toyota naman. As for the lancer, get the mx version para ma-enjoy mo ang cvt. then for the grandeur sentra, for me kasi ang nissan has not quite good spare parts, say medyo mahal ang piyesa.

so for me, opinion ko, lancer, altis, grandeur.

also, may mga threads po tayo dito regarding on how each users find these cars. basa nalang po kayo mam

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    I'd go for the Exalta Grandeur in a heartbeat.

The best interior among its competitors, dependable and relatively thrifty 1.6L engine, plus of course the legendary Nissan cooling power. Hindi rin ganun kamahalan ang parts, and you don't need to dress it up to look good, unlike the EK Civic, IMO. I owned a Sentra pala before, Series 3 nga lang, not the Exalta variant.

Yung dashboard ng 03 Altis looks cheap and is a veritable dust magnet, and I never really liked the front fascia of the Altis. Parang mongoloid ang dating sa akin, hehehe, those headlights look weird for me.
    sir galactus, actually like ko din interior ng grandeur compare sa dalawa.. meron po akong friend na mechanic and sugestion po niya is altis coz maintenance wise and reliability of toyota cars daw e ayos.. but then, i wud like pa rin to hear some 3rd opinion hehe.. how about ung fuel consumption po ng 3?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    hmmm... hello and welcome sa tsikot mam!

maybe ang unang altis ang makukuha mo sa ganyang price. maybe kung yung 2nd gen alits, yung LED and brake lights, as far as the E variant ang pwede mo makuha. altis is a good car naman, maintenance eh good kasi toyota naman. As for the lancer, get the mx version para ma-enjoy mo ang cvt. then for the grandeur sentra, for me kasi ang nissan has not quite good spare parts, say medyo mahal ang piyesa.

so for me, opinion ko, lancer, altis, grandeur.

also, may mga threads po tayo dito regarding on how each users find these cars. basa nalang po kayo mam
    hmmm thanks po sir testament11.. actually nagbabasa po ako pero mas nakakalito pala pag mas marami kang opinion na makukuha.. hehe.. like for instance, first choice ko po talaga is altis because, of course its toyota... i asked po para maconfirm ko lang sana kung ok ba first choice ko and now parang 50-50 na ako with lancer and altis hehe..
    sana nga merong sumulpot na car brand na icombine ang pros ng 3 yan at walang cons para mas madaling mamili hahaha

anyway, thanks po sir. and i wud consider your opinion kasi ngayon medyo tumitingin na rin po ako sa mga dealers just to have an idea on how to buy...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    well, its my pleasure to help you out mam!

other options mo would be chevrolet optra, civic es (2000-2005) model, vios, ford lynx, 1st gen crv, jdm pajero

i doubt kung kukuha ka ng pajero since most ladies don't want big rides. hmmm, basa basa ka rin sa car finder, madami po doon kayo makikita

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    well, its my pleasure to help you out mam!

other options mo would be chevrolet optra, civic es (2000-2005) model, vios, ford lynx, 1st gen crv, jdm pajero

i doubt kung kukuha ka ng pajero since most ladies don't want big rides. hmmm, basa basa ka rin sa car finder, madami po doon kayo makikita
    about the optra sir, im considering it also kasi mejo cheap siya compare sa altis and '04/'05 na siya.. chevy siya right? so im thinking, whats the catch? bat mura siya?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by april_amethyst View Post
    about the optra sir, im considering it also kasi mejo cheap siya compare sa altis and '04/'05 na siya.. chevy siya right? so im thinking, whats the catch? bat mura siya?
    mura kasi mahal ang maintenance. what are you considerations? how long will you consider to have this second hand car as your property. you may want to consider resale value, go for altis. if you want a more comfortable drive in a bumper to bumper situation, i must say go for the cvt version of lancer. the spare parts are a bit subjective since, there are parts you might to consider replacing by an original one, there are those na pwede ang replacement and surplus, but definitely mas mura ang mitsubishi and lancer. its up to you which is which ang gusto mo.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    yun, nasabi na ni meyor ang meron sa optra. also, you may consider the following mam:

kia picanto
    hyundai getz
    hyundai matrix
    suzuki alto (may brand new nito, less than 500k)
    chery qq

dumami tuloy ang suggestion ko sa yo, napahirapan pa kita tuloy...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mey0r View Post
    mura kasi mahal ang maintenance. what are you considerations? how long will you consider to have this second hand car as your property. you may want to consider resale value, go for altis. if you want a more comfortable drive in a bumper to bumper situation, i must say go for the cvt version of lancer. the spare parts are a bit subjective since, there are parts you might to consider replacing by an original one, there are those na pwede ang replacement and surplus, but definitely mas mura ang mitsubishi and lancer. its up to you which is which ang gusto mo.
    thanks sa info meyor.. so i guess it boils down to 2 na lang,, lancer or altis..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
'01/'02/'03 altis 1.6 or '02/'03/'04 lancer or nissan grandeur?