New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hi peeps, I'm planning to buy a used car in Makati from the owner who has a 2nd house here. The car was originally bought and registered in Nueva Ecija by owner(1st owner) and he made a loan at a local bank in NE. The loan has been paid for and there is a release of the chattel mortgage from the bank. However the CR still states it is encumbered and I was told in order for me to transfer it under my name and remove the 'encumbered' I need to go to Register of DEEds for the release. My question is do I go to to Makati RD or is it under the Nueva Ecija RD? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    where was it loaned from? what bank? usually the release of chattel mortgage from the bank states kung saang registry of deeds ka pupunta.. if in doubt.. ask the bank.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    might i recommend, let the seller do this! why should you trouble yourself with this? there are sooo many used cars out there.. i am sure you can find an even better one, with updated papers yet! i always say, if the papers are not in order, walk away. so many things can go wrong, you might end up holding the bag.
    i shy away from cars whose original registrations are from out of town, because i might have to go there in order to have the ownership transfered to my name. you might have to go to NE, too..
    just my 90 centavos' worth.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 24th, 2011 at 10:35 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    The release was from PS bank Cabanatuan City but the document was notarized in Makati.

Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    where was it loaned from? what bank? usually the release of chattel mortgage from the bank states kung saang registry of deeds ka pupunta.. if in doubt.. ask the bank.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    might i recommend, let the seller do this! why should you trouble yourself with this? there are sooo many used cars out there.. i am sure you can find an even better one, with updated papers yet! i always say, if the papers are not in order, walk away. so many things can go wrong, you might end up holding the bag.
    i shy away from cars whose original registrations are from out of town, because i might have to go there in order to have the ownership transfered to my name. you might have to go to NE, too..
    just my 90 centavos' worth.
    +1, experienced this on my first car, hassle talag yung ikaw pa mag-aasikaso. If they really want to sell it to you, they will handle this part of the paperwork. Kaliwaan na lang dapat is I may suggest.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^

this could be of help as well...

http://news.txtbuff.com/track-vehicl...-text-service/

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    registry of deeds cabanatuan

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    mga bros magkano bayad sa registry of deeds? magkano magagastos total?
    mabilis lang ba ito e.g. shorter line vs registration and licenses processing?

thanks !

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    mga bros magkano bayad sa registry of deeds? magkano magagastos total?
    mabilis lang ba ito e.g. shorter line vs registration and licenses processing?

thanks !

yung processing, mabilis pero di mo makukuha kagad. usually, after 3 days bago ka babalik sa ROD para makuha yung Cancellation of Chattel. ung babayaran, ang alam ko less than 2k. HTH

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dale323 View Post
    yung processing, mabilis pero di mo makukuha kagad. usually, after 3 days bago ka babalik sa ROD para makuha yung Cancellation of Chattel. ung babayaran, ang alam ko less than 2k. HTH
    yung step 2 sa LTO bro, may bayad din ba?

Registry of DEEDs