New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Say you are selling your car and the prospective buyer wants to test-drive it, will you allow him/her to test-drive?

I'm asking this coz, most of the prospective buyers are dismayed when I tell them that I do not allow test-drive to eliminate any hassle when something (as in accident) happens during the time he/she is test-driving my car.

The most I can do is drive my car myself while the prospective buyer sits on the passenger seat.

What's your take?

By the way, I am not a buy & sell agent, I am an individual selling my own car.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Say you are selling your car and the prospective buyer wants to test-drive it, will you allow him/her to test-drive?

I'm asking this coz, most of the prospective buyers are dismayed when I tell them that I do not allow test-drive to eliminate any hassle when something (as in accident) happens during the time he/she is test-driving my car.

The most I can do is drive my car myself while the prospective buyer sits on the passenger seat.

What's your take?

I do not blame you. Just be honest with prospective buyers regarding this arrangement.
    But if you happen to allow test drive in the future, be careful. Make sure you are with a lot of company/friends. Do it in an enclosed area if possible like a subdivision.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We allow test drive but only within the confines of the village and we're discreetly accompanied by a second vehicle.

When i'm buying a second hand, if they don't allow me to test drive (which only happened once, with a buy and sell dealer at that), i walk away.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when i sold my car, i allowed him for a test drive..... with me and my burly cousin at the back.... so its around 380 pounds vs. 170 pounds.... hehehehe.
    when i got my car, he test drove it, with my wife at the back seat.....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I do.

You just make sure prior to testing, you have agreed the route you are going to take (preferably in a subdivision), and you on the passenger seat with no other passenger except of your choosing.

And of course, kung binangga nya, you break it, you buy it.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    put a small note in the windshield..

If you break it You Buy it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post

What's your take?

i'll walk away if no test drive, anyway anong car binebenta?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    mahirap bumili without test drive. sugal yan. kapkapan mo na lang. maintindihan naman nya siguro na safety mo yun. tapos dapat mas marami kayo. kunwari dalawa sila. dapat tatlo kayo o mas marami pa. mas maganda rin kung iwan ang isa nilang kasama para mas safe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, whether i'm buying or selling, no test drive no deal.

unless it's on a "as is where is" basis kind of deal wherein the buyer takes much risk BUT at a lesser asking price. this is mostly the arrangement when 2nd hand dealers buy your car.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah I probably will allow a test drive, but as mentioned above, in a relatively controlled environment for security's sake.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast