New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Mazda Tribute 2.3L 4X2, Nissan X-trail 2.0L 4X2 or Ford Escape 2.3L 4X2. These are my choices. Whats the best? Plan to buy soonest. Thanks in advance for your help.

Bruciane

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the escape is cheapest at 999k but the tribute comes with a 5-year warranty. i believe the 2.0L xtrail is a bit underpowered so it would probably guzzle gas. i'd go for the escape (cheapest!) or the tribute (+200k gets you a 5-year warranty).

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    incidentally lalabas na daw ang hyundai tucson * 880k next month.. might be worth waiting for. malaki-laki din yung 120k price differential.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    among your choices....

get the ESCAPE

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Among your choices, I'd pick the X-trail.

Do look at the gen 2.5 CR-V.

X-trail 2.0 will give you roughly around 7-7.5km/li for city driving. HTH

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    mazda and ford looks kinda the same. same engine pa nga ata eh. xtrail for the 2.0 is quite a gas guzzler, if you can look at the 250x xtrail that might be a better choice.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    incidentally lalabas na daw ang hyundai tucson * 880k next month.. might be worth waiting for. malaki-laki din yung 120k price differential.

Hi!

Thanks for the response. budget-wise i agree with the escape choice however, i'm really torn as the tribute definitely has more in its package.

Tucson? Hmmm... have note really looked at it yet. But I will, thanks for the suggestion.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs
    mazda and ford looks kinda the same. same engine pa nga ata eh. xtrail for the 2.0 is quite a gas guzzler, if you can look at the 250x xtrail that might be a better choice.

Yes, I agree on this too. Though the ride of the x-trail stands out from the rest of the pack. The 250x definitely is a better choice but then a mid size suv will then be a better alternative with the same budget.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    X-Trail suggestion ko.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Help! What is best to buy?