New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Hello mga master, I need your opinion. I am planning to buy second hand car. Ano kaya pinakamagandang bilhin for less than 450k? Ang choice ko sana is Elantra or Tucson. For you, anong brand at model ang bang for the buck at this price point? Salamat sa mga sasagot.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Hindi natuloy ung buy mo before?

Anyway, my suggestion is Honda Civic FB. I own one and it's super reliable. Dami na ring parts and accessories at may FB group na.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cipherphinx06 View Post
    Hello mga master, I need your opinion. I am planning to buy second hand car. Ano kaya pinakamagandang bilhin for less than 450k? Ang choice ko sana is Elantra or Tucson. For you, anong brand at model ang bang for the buck at this price point? Salamat sa mga sasagot.
    None of the above. Suggest get something more mainstream para di ka mahirapan mag maintain and bilhan ng parts

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    For that budget ... get Honda or Toyota ...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    wala bang crossover 2nd hand for this budget?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Meron pero it will be more than 3 - 4 generations old

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    450k?
    I'd actually go for midsize sedans, either the Camry V6, Accord V6 or Subaru Legacy GT. I observed that the owners usually do not drive these vehicles hard and has the money to actually properly maintain them.
    For the compact category, performance wise and fun to drive factor, I'd go with the Ford Focus 1.5L Ecoboost. I have one and even the interior's leather seems to be aging gracefully. Lots of low mileage ones but there are minor issues here and there reported in the facebook group like ABS sensors needing to be replaced, water pump need replacing, etc.

Hard to find a decent crossover below 450k. As stated above, they're usually quite old. Maybe a 3rd gen CRV.

If you don't have much passion for driving, the safe choice is either a toyota vios or a honda city for 450k. Both are reliable and fuel efficient plus the spare parts are abundant...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'd recommend a honda or a toyota.
    they're very popular cars for a reason.

even if the initial cash lay-out is larger,
    the consequent relative ease of maintenance makes it all worth it.
    also, some argue that the japanese products are more matibay than the korean equivalents.

you may noticed that korean cars have a somewhat lower resale value than the japanese..
    there's also a reason for that.

for 450K,
    marami ka nang mapag-pipilian na hapones...
    my opinion is, get the more expensive from among the similar models. this usually translates to less headaches down the road.

to quote a MB guy,
    "the most expensive MB is the cheap one."
    translation: "fixing it up to standard, can turn out to be more expensive than purchasing a more expensive one but is already within standard."

good luck in your search.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 17th, 2023 at 10:28 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Hindi natuloy ung buy mo before?

Anyway, my suggestion is Honda Civic FB. I own one and it's super reliable. Dami na ring parts and accessories at may FB group na.
    This month pa lang po bibili, dun sa previous post ko nagtatanong pa lang ako regarding documents. Hehe, anong year model kaya kaya abutin ng 450k ko pag honda civic?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    None of the above. Suggest get something more mainstream para di ka mahirapan mag maintain and bilhan ng parts

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Anong suggestion nyo bossing na brand at model at that price point?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast