New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hello to all the members of the forum

I hope you guys could help me out. This is the first time that I'll be getting a car and I have 300k budget for a second hand at ito ang pinagpipilian ko Altis, Vios Or Mazda 3.

Questions ko guys are as follows:

1. Fit ba ang 300k budget for a good second hand Mazda 3 (this is my top choice)

2. Ano ang lamang ng bawat isa sa kanila (Im a total car newbie)

3. How much should I set aside for the paper works? Deed Of Sale, Registration, Change of Ownership etc.

I'll be getting one next week so please help me out.

Thanks guys and more power!

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    Kung altis mas madalu palitan mga parts and mas mura. Siguro at 300k mga 2003 model pwede na. Make sure lang na i check kung mas sludge kasi notorious ang altis dyan. Pero kung wala ok na. Vios halos parehas lang sa altis mazda 3 di ko alam. Ung mga papeles usually shoulder ng seller yan depende sa usapan. Make sure din na hindi carnap at incumbered pa. Pero kung ako altis value for money madali i maintaine cause i have one he he.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Problema sa Mazda 3, malakas sa gas at mabagal. Ang bigat kasi. Tapos 4-speed AT pa. Pero pinaka-gwapo yan sa tatlo, yan na rin malamang may pinaka-magandang interior sakanila.

The most basic is the Vios, frugal to maintain though. Pero ang ayoko lang sa 1st gen Vios, yung gauges. Puti. Exterior is ok. I suggest yung 06 1.5S ang bilhin mo, di ko lang sure kung pasok sa budget mo.

Sunod eh Altis, 1.8G nga sana isusuggest ko para at least maganda ganda. Or 1.8E, yung 05...

Sa budget mo na 300k, sobra konti choices mo. Hinde pa halos pasok sa budget mo. IMO kung gusto mo makahanap ng maganda ganda na kotse na in good condition, at least 400k.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Regarding the Mazda3... You'll might have problems with it in the long run. Poor fuel economy (heavy body with small engine), relatively slow acceleration, cramp rear seat legroom, uncomfortable rear seats. The "good" things about it, nice "sporty" styling and good handling.

Overall, you might be better off considering other cars before going back to the Mazda3.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    agree with what the others say. nothing against mazda 3 but its not a newbie's car. maporma but when things start breaking, it will cost you an arm and a leg. not to mention mababa fuel economy. thats the reason why i backed off from acquiring a mazda 3 in 2009.

ford focus and mazda 3 are very identical. mukhang magkapatid nga and has same problems.

id go for altis or vios because its a very easy to maintain vehicle. sobra dami parts and most mechanics know the engine already so when things break, you'll find it relatively the easiest to have repaired.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Altis ... back when Toyota ruled the auto world

Deed of Sale ... yung seller ang gagawa nyan. Change of Ownership, pwede sabay yan sa renewal ng Registration. For your protection, check with PNP kung malinis yung auto (meaning hindi carnap at hindi naka encumbrance). Better, buy from your kakilala (relative, friend, officemate) or kakilala ng kilala mo

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I don't have problems with the 3's acceleration. It actually feels more powerful than its 105hp suggest. Partly because of the aggressive drive by wire stock tuning, very responsive. I'm more concerned with the fuel consumption which is generally more thirsty than Vios or Altis. Still, it feels more upscale than either of your Toyota alternatives. More comfortable at the back than the Vios. And drives better than the 2 Toyota brothers. Weigh your priorities. Each of your alternatives are created with different priorities to serve, find which suits you best.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Thank you sa inyong lahat bros.

Scratch ko na lang siguro yung Mazda 3 baka mahal ang maintenance nito.

Regarding my 300k budget meron naman akong nakikitang posted ads na mga Vios 2003-04 na worth 260-300k and pag Altis mas mataas ng konti. Should I be wary of them?

Question naman sa douments bros, yung pagpa-pa-notarize sa akin ba yon? and if registered na yung car let's say this year and the coming year hindi ko pa ba sya pwedeng i-transfer sa name ko? and if so, magkano ang damage ng change of ownership.

Thanks guys and God bless!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    about 3 years ago looking for my 2nd hand car me nakikita na ako altis 1.6G na loaded na for P360k. so siguro ngayon it would be within your budget na.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *gearhead000
    thanks for the good news bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast