New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    So I've finally decided to sell my sedan and go for a pickup since mas applicable sya sa needs ko. I live in Baguio and I travel a lot specially for surfing.

My budget is at 400-600k
    So Im looking at pickups in the 2008-2010 range right?
    Ano ba yung mga pickups na reliable in these years?

Here are my top criterias:
    • hindi sirain
    • fuel efficient
    • comfortable ride
    • Matic

Thanks for the suggestions Tsikot fam!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by trann123 View Post
    So I've finally decided to sell my sedan and go for a pickup since mas applicable sya sa needs ko. I live in Baguio and I travel a lot specially for surfing.

My budget is at 400-600k

• hindi sirain
    • fuel efficient
    • comfortable ride
    • Matic

Comfortable ride? Strada lang siguro ang pasok neto.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    I'm also open to SUV suggestions within my budget

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009

My budget is at 400-600k

• hindi sirain
    • fuel efficient
    • comfortable ride
    • Matic

Strada ata papasok sa 2008-2010. Or kung SUV, montero na 2011 vgt.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    I'm also open to SUV suggestions within my budget
    The fortuner and montero are within budget i think, eespecially the gas 2.4L fortuner.

Ride comfort, well, id cross out the fortuner immediately for their suspension and brake setup if this is really a big consideration for you.

But if you find it acceptable, the fortuner should be a good and spare/replacement parts should be plenty for this.

Additional wildcard could be a G trim innova gas or e trim diesel.

Good luck in your purchase.

Note: just wanted to say that if before 2010, the vehicle was released, then you'd have to be wary of ondoy flooded units since it happened september 2009.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    The fortuner and montero are within budget i think, eespecially the gas 2.4L fortuner.

Ride comfort, well, id cross out the fortuner immediately for their suspension and brake setup if this is really a big consideration for you.

But if you find it acceptable, the fortuner should be a good and spare/replacement parts should be plenty for this.

Additional wildcard could be a G trim innova gas or e trim diesel.

Good luck in your purchase.

Note: just wanted to say that if before 2010, the vehicle was released, then you'd have to be wary of ondoy flooded units since it happened september 2009.
    Ahhh true, taking note of that. A 2011 vehicle maybe? But what though?

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Ahhh true, taking note of that. A 2011 vehicle maybe? But what though?
    for a 2010 or 2011 model, I think your options are still the same for SUVs, the Fortuner (gas or diesel) or Montero.

for pickups, I'd say Hilux, Strada and if you are okay with the Euro 2 Dmax.

for AUV/MPV, the Innova would be the most versatile option here, gas or diesel. If you are mostly using this in the city, I'd actually prefer using gas manual for the Innova. You'd get the benefit of "cheaper" PMS costs compared to the diesel, a quieter engine and similar km/l figures (if city only). If you frequently go with highways, then better to go with diesel as you will be able to reap more of the efficiency benefits there. The Gas Innova from Manila to Baguio when we used it for a family trip (7 pax with luggage) was left with a quarter tank when we reached Baguio. A diesel should more or less still give you above half a tank of diesel when you get there. For reference, our companion then had a 2.0 diesel Carens AT, same distance traveled, only consumed about 1/3 his tank. Never filled up in Baguio and got home to Manila without topping up in the middle of the trip back. Gas Innova we filled up twice.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    for a 2010 or 2011 model, I think your options are still the same for SUVs, the Fortuner (gas or diesel) or Montero.

for pickups, I'd say Hilux, Strada and if you are okay with the Euro 2 Dmax.

for AUV/MPV, the Innova would be the most versatile option here, gas or diesel. If you are mostly using this in the city, I'd actually prefer using gas manual for the Innova. You'd get the benefit of "cheaper" PMS costs compared to the diesel, a quieter engine and similar km/l figures (if city only). If you frequently go with highways, then better to go with diesel as you will be able to reap more of the efficiency benefits there. The Gas Innova from Manila to Baguio when we used it for a family trip (7 pax with luggage) was left with a quarter tank when we reached Baguio. A diesel should more or less still give you above half a tank of diesel when you get there. For reference, our companion then had a 2.0 diesel Carens AT, same distance traveled, only consumed about 1/3 his tank. Never filled up in Baguio and got home to Manila without topping up in the middle of the trip back. Gas Innova we filled up twice.
    Thanks so much for the insight! Nag no si girlfriend sa innova and I agree with her... Mukha daw ako tatay pag dadalhin ko yun haha, so I think ill look at the fortuner/montero/hilux... Between these 3, ano kaya pinaka okay when it comes to my criterias

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Thanks so much for the insight! Nag no si girlfriend sa innova and I agree with her... Mukha daw ako tatay pag dadalhin ko yun haha, so I think ill look at the fortuner/montero/hilux... Between these 3, ano kaya pinaka okay when it comes to my criterias
    Sir, pwede mo sana sabihin sa kanya “ tama, kasi naghahanda na ako, sooner or later magiging tatay din naman ako sa anak natin” for sure mag iiba perception nun kasi more of family na yung focus sa pagbili, like more in ”us” than “me” na decision... hehee... goodluck sir! Your money, your rule...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Sir, pwede mo sana sabihin sa kanya “ tama, kasi naghahanda na ako, sooner or later magiging tatay din naman ako sa anak natin” for sure mag iiba perception nun kasi more of family na yung focus sa pagbili, like more in ”us” than “me” na decision... hehee... goodluck sir! Your money, your rule...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk
    Hahaha ang cheesy naman ni sir. Mejo malayo layo pa sa plano bossing...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast