New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Hi Everyone,

Good day po mam/sir, IÂ’m 23 planning to buy a first car for my parents it would also serve as a family car. IÂ’m totally newbie to cars I enrolled na sa driving school and my first lesson will start this Monday. Hihingi po sana ako ng suggestions nyo mga guru when it comes to buying our first car. I really want to have an SUV but I know di kakasya ang budget ko so IÂ’d rather take a sedan. Hindi po ako marunong tumingin ng sasakyan. So I would like to ask you guys on what are the things that I should consider for a 300k car? May mabibili po ba akong like Avanza or Inova for that budget? Or sa tingin nyo po magkano pa ang dapat kong idagdag? If IÂ’ll go for a sedan what car can you suggest? And if example po ay nakakuha na ako ng sasakyan then hindi naman nasagad ung budget ko, saang magandang shop/talyer ko po kaya sya pwedeng dalhin for tune up? Tga Las Pinas po ako any recommendation? And pwede po ba yung example nakakuha ako ng Toyota na ssakyan then dadalhin ko sa Toyota Alabang kahit hindi ko naman dun binili ung sasakyan for tune up? Sana po matulungan niyo ko, this will be our very first car excited na kinkabahan ako and ofcourse I want it to be worth it.

Thank you mga idol!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    up po, patulong po mga idol.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    puede ka magcheck sa mga repossed na kotse ng banko pero be sure to bring a trusted mechanic para icheck ng maigi ang makina.

https://www.psbank.com.ph/Contents/i...fdcf619f98.pdf

Metrobank

Vehicles | BDO Unibank, Inc.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Thank you so much *les888.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kaloi01 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Good day po mam/sir, IÂ’m 23 planning to buy a first car for my parents it would also serve as a family car. IÂ’m totally newbie to cars I enrolled na sa driving school and my first lesson will start this Monday. Hihingi po sana ako ng suggestions nyo mga guru when it comes to buying our first car. I really want to have an SUV but I know di kakasya ang budget ko so IÂ’d rather take a sedan. Hindi po ako marunong tumingin ng sasakyan. So I would like to ask you guys on what are the things that I should consider for a 300k car? May mabibili po ba akong like Avanza or Inova for that budget? Or sa tingin nyo po magkano pa ang dapat kong idagdag? If IÂ’ll go for a sedan what car can you suggest? And if example po ay nakakuha na ako ng sasakyan then hindi naman nasagad ung budget ko, saang magandang shop/talyer ko po kaya sya pwedeng dalhin for tune up? Tga Las Pinas po ako any recommendation? And pwede po ba yung example nakakuha ako ng Toyota na ssakyan then dadalhin ko sa Toyota Alabang kahit hindi ko naman dun binili ung sasakyan for tune up? Sana po matulungan niyo ko, this will be our very first car excited na kinkabahan ako and ofcourse I want it to be worth it.

Thank you mga idol!
    a brand new car promises to be problem-free. but you will have to at least double your budget. so that means, 'no way.
    a used car, because it is used, will probably have issues, even if only minor ones. if buyer is lucky, they may not be cause for concern nor a safety issue.
    knowing how to size up used cars and how to do basic car maintenance, are sciences unto themselves, and i will not delude you into believing that any tsikoter here can effectively teach them to you in so short a time. you will probably end up doing what i did. a tip here, a tip there, but essentially, i learned as i went along. download articles on how to buy and maintain used cars. marami nyan sa internet.

the only real advice i can give, is to pick your car model from among the popular ones. they promise plentiful of reasonably-priced parts and knowledgeable mechanics.
    as many, including me, have found out the hard way, there is a reason why some cars are selling so cheap. buyer may be better off, buying the more expensive choice from among the cars of the same type. they will probably give you less headaches later on.
    most casas will happily service your used car. but be warned, that casas charge the most exorbitant fees and prices. many car owners in the know, do their own maintenance or bring theirs elsewhere for service and repair.

300K ? an altis or vios. or many 90s corolla glis or sentra ex or ss, with lotsa change for repairs (which, i imagine, will be much).

good luck.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a brand new car promises to be problem-free. but you will have to at least double your budget. so that means, 'no way.
    a used car, because it is used, will probably have issues, even if only minor ones. if buyer is lucky, they may not be cause for concern nor a safety issue.
    knowing how to size up used cars and how to do basic car maintenance, are sciences unto themselves, and i will not delude you into believing that any tsikoter here can effectively teach them to you in so short a time. you will probably end up doing what i did. a tip here, a tip there, but essentially, i learned as i went along. download articles on how to buy and maintain used cars. marami nyan sa internet.

the only real advice i can give, is to pick your car model from among the popular ones. they promise plentiful of reasonably-priced parts and knowledgeable mechanics.
    as many, including me, have found out the hard way, there is a reason why some cars are selling so cheap. buyer may be better off, buying the more expensive choice from among the cars of the same type. they will probably give you less headaches later on.
    most casas will happily service your used car. but be warned, that casas charge the most exorbitant fees and prices. many car owners in the know, do their own maintenance or bring theirs elsewhere for service and repair.

300K ? an altis or vios. or many 90s corolla glis or sentra ex or ss, with lotsa change for repairs (which, i imagine, will be much).

good luck.
    Couldn't ask for better advice!!!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Pasok na sa 300+k ang 1st gen Ford Everest kung gusto mo ng SUV.

As mentioned, ok rin ang Altis. Medyo mabago bago na ang makukuha for 300k.

When I first started driving, nagtanong tanong ako from various people kung saan sila nagpapagawa ng sasakyan at kung ano ang specialty ng shop na yan. Bilang siguro sa kamay ang number of times na napapunta ako sa casa para magpaayos.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    ano binili mo boss?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    any update sir? nakakuha ka na?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Hi guys,

Thank you po sa mga payo mga masters di na ako naka update kasi nakalmutan ko ung password ko buti nlng naka save pa sa e-mail, so ayun nakakuha na ako ng toyota innova 2009 model mejo nagdagdag nga lng. Pero okay naman na ngayun practice practice lng muna. Salamat po ulit mga idol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast