New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Mga Tsikoteers..help me rebuild my trashed car audio system

Currently on my 92 Sentra:
    Kenwood Cassette Player (eats my tapes, so i bump the radio haha)
    Kenwood rear speakers (all blown out)
    Front speakers (not sure what brand, but, still works)

My total budget is about 8-10K. I plan on getting a new pair of seperates, should I keep the working speakers? or get rid of them? they're not very "clear" for SQ..but they're ok nman. If i do keep them, should I put the new seps to the front or rear?

Would the setup that i'd like to have fit in my 8-10K budget?
    I hope to have a setup with the following:
    Headunit- CD CD-R/CD-RW MP3 with AUX input (Targa? Proline?)
    New Pair of seps
    Amp (Proline ok ba?)
    Subwoofer

I'm leaning towards Sound Quality, but, i'd like my bass to "boom boom" (without heavy distortion) when I need it to. I mostly listen to R&B n hiphop, but, i also like alternative. I'm planning to go to Banawe next month, so If you could recommend any shops in Banawe, or products that you think might fit nicely in the budget and at the same time provide me with better listening, pleae feel free to put your inputs in. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sir.. taasan nyo pa ng konti bisget nyo. gawin nyong mg 13k. kaya nating pagkasyahin yan.. bnew lahat, exept for your hu which would be 1 month old, yung stereo ko na binebenta dito.

pm me for more info.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Keep your working speakers for rear fill.
    Buy new separates for the front yung maganda-ganda na.
    Then bili ka ng head unit na modelo (kahit na used - marami sa buy and sell -basta dapat ipa-test mo para siguradong di damaged). Ang mga modelo na head unit kasi decent na ang amplification para sa mga speakers mo.

Sa susunod mo na upgrade ng ampli and subs.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    sir may package si Jeff Tan of araneta car acc. for 15K you can get brand new Pioneer HU, brand new Targa Seps, brand new aura 12" sub, brand new v12-705 amp and wires and box.

ayos na ayos sa SQ or even SPL...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Thanx for the replies. I am really on a tight budget. My budget is 20k, but, I also plan to get my front bumper repainted, n add on some halogen fog lights, n new rubbers for my doors. So it really depends on what's left of my budget.
    *J-C - That sounds like a good idea, amp n subs later..if i cant stay within budget
    *arvic - That sounds like a good deal, cguro if i had 15k left after, i could do something like that..but as of now, im unsure what will be left.

I could possibly push my budget to 12k..it all depends again on what's left. But i will keep my eyes open in our buy and sell section when next months comes around. Thanx benzoyl, i'll keep that in mind..I wont be able to buy til next month though if ur still selling by then.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    Thanx for the replies. I am really on a tight budget. My budget is 20k, but, I also plan to get my front bumper repainted, n add on some halogen fog lights, n new rubbers for my doors. So it really depends on what's left of my budget.
    *J-C - That sounds like a good idea, amp n subs later..if i cant stay within budget
    *arvic - That sounds like a good deal, cguro if i had 15k left after, i could do something like that..but as of now, im unsure what will be left.

I could possibly push my budget to 12k..it all depends again on what's left. But i will keep my eyes open in our buy and sell section when next months comes around. Thanx benzoyl, i'll keep that in mind..I wont be able to buy til next month though if ur still selling by then.
    Medyo OT sir pero eto suggestion ko sir..

Bumper-- call zinggoy 3k per panel sa kanya.. ganda gawa.
    fog lights-- banawe katapat yan surplus
    sounds set up-- punta ka lang kay jeff sabihin mo lang yung budget mo sya na mismo magbbgay kung ako kaya sa money mo...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    HI!

Quick and simple question: need ko pa bang magpalit ng "alternator" pag nag setup ako ng boom boom sounds? and boom2 sounds ba wlang effect sa battery and other parts?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ==devirginizer= View Post
    HI!

Quick and simple question: need ko pa bang magpalit ng "alternator" pag nag setup ako ng boom boom sounds? and boom2 sounds ba wlang effect sa battery and other parts?
    afaik, you don't need to upgrade your stock alternator...kakayanin nya na yan...

obviously, it has effect on your battery..medyo mabubugbog ang battery mo coz you will be using more electricity to power your system..pero minimal lang..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    tama!! ang sagot sa problema mo c jeff tan..
    good for you kc me budget ka na 10-12k
    ako from scratch.. im building my systemfrom scratch.. hehe
    good luck saten..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    Mga Tsikoteers..help me rebuild my trashed car audio system

Currently on my 92 Sentra:
    Kenwood Cassette Player (eats my tapes, so i bump the radio haha)
    Kenwood rear speakers (all blown out)
    Front speakers (not sure what brand, but, still works)

My total budget is about 8-10K. I plan on getting a new pair of seperates, should I keep the working speakers? or get rid of them? they're not very "clear" for SQ..but they're ok nman. If i do keep them, should I put the new seps to the front or rear?

Would the setup that i'd like to have fit in my 8-10K budget?
    I hope to have a setup with the following:
    Headunit- CD CD-R/CD-RW MP3 with AUX input (Targa? Proline?)
    New Pair of seps
    Amp (Proline ok ba?)
    Subwoofer

I'm leaning towards Sound Quality, but, i'd like my bass to "boom boom" (without heavy distortion) when I need it to. I mostly listen to R&B n hiphop, but, i also like alternative. I'm planning to go to Banawe next month, so If you could recommend any shops in Banawe, or products that you think might fit nicely in the budget and at the same time provide me with better listening, pleae feel free to put your inputs in. Thanks
    Pwede na cguro yan speakers mo Konzert lahat tpos AMP and HU Proline ^_^

amp ko 13K na agad setup ko umabot 40K

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help!.. with my sound system