New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    good evening tsikooters!
    need help sa toyota Revo GLX ko. stock ang HU(Alpine) niya with stock speakers
    kanina lang nung ng ssound trip ako napansin ko wala na tunog sa 3 speakers nya yung 1 speaker na lang sa driver side meron.
    saan kaya may problem dito?sa HU or sa speakers na mismo?
    at saan maganda magpagawa?thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    It can be both ways -- head unit and speakers themselves. I would first check for the speakers first as they're most likely the culprits. But if there's just a day where 3 speakers simultaneously failed, it's probably the head unit.

It can also be due to the settings: maybe you faded the speakers to the front and then balanced it to the left :D

Any nearby car audio shop can resolve these ;)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    It can be both ways -- head unit and speakers themselves. I would first check for the speakers first as they're most likely the culprits. But if there's just a day where 3 speakers simultaneously failed, it's probably the head unit.

It can also be due to the settings: maybe you faded the speakers to the front and then balanced it to the left :D

Any nearby car audio shop can resolve these ;)
    yung nangyari po sa akin yung fade noon na test ko sa rear speakers gumagana naman tapos after 2 months nawala ang 2 sa rear speaker. tapos yesterday when i was cleaning the car bigla naman nawala yung sa right side hanggang yung left side na lang meron sound. btw, almost 6 months ang pagitan ng pgkawala ng audio from rear speaker to right front. Tingin ko rin siguro sa HU kasi napundi na rin yung lights nya sa controls.hehe!
    10 years na eh!
    thanks sa advice!
    saan po ba maganda magpa check-up nito at ano maganda ipalit na HU?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Any nearby car audio shop in your area can do what you need. Let them check the problem first since they're the experts ;)

I can only refer you to shops I know. Where's your general location ba?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Any nearby car audio shop in your area can do what you need. Let them check the problem first since they're the experts ;)

I can only refer you to shops I know. Where's your general location ba?
    I'm from taguig.
    pwede po shops in makati rin.hehe!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Alex from Autoline is my recommendation..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Alex from Autoline is my recommendation..
    saan po itong Autoline na ito?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Autoline Makati is primarily concerned with aftermarket car audio while yun Manila branch nila more on performance mods. Address is:
    8045 Estrella St.,near Don Chino Roces Ave. San Antonio Village, Makati City.

Of course, since taga Taguig ka na rin, why not visit Tsikotshop. Dapat somewhere near there lang yan and I would recommend it over Autoline in terms of location. Madali lang naman yun problem since it's merely a diagnostic to pinpoint the exact problem. No need to visit a big audio shop like Autoline.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    mga chong, magpapalit din ako mga stock na speakers ko. punit na, 10 years na rin kasi. crosswind ride ko. 30 ohms yung mga nasa pinto & wala pa akong idea kung ano yung mga nasa rear. planning to install din tweeters. plan kong lakasan pa ng kaunti lang naman. mga ilang watts o ohms ba puwede kong idagdag pa without compromising my battery, tweeters added. thanks audio peeps!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    mga chong, magpapalit din ako mga stock na speakers ko. punit na, 10 years na rin kasi. crosswind ride ko. 30 ohms yung mga nasa pinto & wala pa akong idea kung ano yung mga nasa rear. planning to install din tweeters. plan kong lakasan pa ng kaunti lang naman. mga ilang watts o ohms ba puwede kong idagdag pa without compromising my battery, tweeters added. thanks audio peeps!
    Sure ka 30ohms yan? Most stock car speakers are 2ohms, aftermarkets are 4ohms, and home audio is at 8ohms. Grabe naman resistance niyan pag30ohms

In any case, ohms is a measurement of resistance. I think what you're posting here is watts. Here's the thing: Replace your stock speakers with any aftermarket speakers of your choice. For most people at around 4,000php budget, that means replacing that with a Firland EV602 or equivalent. Most people would stop there.. hangang head-unit powered lang. If you want to take the next step, getting an amplifier is a must.

Even though HU decks from Alpine or Pioneer state that they have 50W of power, rarely do they even reach it. At most, mga 30W lang tinatapon niyan which is enough for most stock systems. However, aftermarket speakers with their bigger voice coils and magnets need more power hence an amplifier is the next logical step.

The battery is not the primary source of power when the vehicle is running. It's the alternator. It will only tap into the battery during moments when the amplifier needs additional power for its load. I wouldn't worry about the electricals too much. As a general rule of thumb of mine, I would only worry about my RMS total power ratings hit around 1000W. Even then, you have to factor in the efficiency of the amplifiers (this is where amplifier topologies comes into play) as not all amplifiers draw 1000W equally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Stock Audio system help