New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Hello... kinda new here in this audio thread...

Im just looking for a reasonable, good powered sub... admittedly... aesthetics is one of the criteria.

I have done a bazooka (twice), and under the seat powered sub already... so im already familiar how it works.... what im not familiar are the brands and prices (sa panahon ngayon).

I want it small, roughly 8-10 inches only (or any that will consume less space), it will be at the back of my ASX, (for short, kita from the outside coz its like a hatchback w/o any cover) that's why I want it aesthetically good looking :-)

budget is 10-15K

please point me to the right direction!

In addition, was looking at bazooka brand that looks like a NOS bottle, is this available here in Manila? (Im not keen on it yet, but will consider)... I just like the packaging :-)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    hindi maganda yan bazooka type... marami naman yung slim subs ngayon.. buy ka na lang ng branded like pioneer or alpine.. tapos clean install

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I agree. Rather than finding a powered subwoofer, I think it might be best to look for a slim-type subwoofer instead. Of course, having an amplifier/powered subwoofer has its own perks -- namely the exclusion of a separate amplifier to power it and so I'll ask: Are you using the stock car audio system of the ASX? And if no, are you interested in "upgrading"?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Thanks for the replies...

the reason why I like powered sub because I want everything to be stock... I dont mind the slim type, though I intend to place it at the back, NOT under the seat.... of course I can still do that with the slim type.

Did you mean get a powered slim type then have it installed on the side to look OEM? (ala stock Mitsubishi Fosgates)

What is a good one base on my budget?... Tubes or Slim types are ok with me, which will sound better?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Here's a suggestion. I use a Blaupunkt THb210a in my Civic. It's a bit underpowered for use in the trunk of a sedan but since I'm not into boom-boom sounds, it's usually more than enough for my type of music and video material. I got it from Blade a few years ago for P6k I think.

Since the trunk of your car practically shares a space with the passenger cabin, hence, it significantly has less acoustic barrier between them and this should work our real great for you. The unit's aesthetics should complement your car's look as well, I think.

There's a thinner model; THb200a, if you want it hugging the floor or the wall. But I think it's meant more for underseat mounting.

Blaupunkt THb210a

Blaupunkt THb200a

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    not sure whats available there, but here are my powered subs:

kicker bass station 10" sealed type, perfect for my fast music (speed metal). loud and pronounced bass for its size. this is a recent product and i paid $250 for it. measures 12-13/16"H x 19-5/16"W x 12-13/16"D. shaped to go back in pickup truck seats.

i also got a bargain mtx 10" powered sub for $90.

not bad for the price, still playing with the settings. a little shorter but thicker at 13" W x 16" D x 12.25"

also, look for a kenwood slim powered sub that measures under 4" thick if you are trying for the most compact. reviews here seems to be mostly great for its slim profile. hope this helps.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Thanks for the replies...

Im narrowing it down...

1. Tube powered sub, because I dont want the speaker to be exposed (the actual speaker, not the casing or box)... and it will be small, so it will look like I only have some stuff at my back (The tube should also be just plain black, no labels, no lights, etc.)

2. Slim powered type, but I want it wall mounted to look OEM

Question: If I go for wall mount, do they have to drill the side of my car?... If this can be done w/o drilling... Im going for it... and maybe a good brand for the looks :-)

I dont intend to place it under the seat, have done it before, It will eat up foot space of the rear passenger base on my experience, and also I want to put some "toy" in my trunk.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    kung wall mount make sure na matibay ang kabit kasi pag bayo nyan malamang manginginig yung sidings mo... wag na yan tube type kasi pangit tingnan at hindi space saving kasi nga bilog...

maganda na yung slim type powered sub.. decent enough to enhance your bass...

powered sub