New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I own a 1997 Landrover Discovery. I like to keep it a "stock looking" as possible. My audio head unit is still original and even has a Land rover logo and I like that way. My problem is I want to play my ipod in the car. Using those casette adapter and radio tuner adepters are not really the quality music I was looking for and I doubt that my head unit even has an ipod jack or connecter like the newer models have. I do have a CD changer underneath the passenger seat. Can I just get and amplifier and plug my ipod? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    What you need is an iPod interface for your HU ...

For direct control of the iPod from the HU and/or steering wheel buttons, the iPod (plus interface) usually replaces the CD changer - with each iPod Playlist acting like a CD on a CD changer.

But first you have to know your HU's manufacturer and model (no, it's not Land Rover) so you can pick the right interface.

This is the best way to connect your iPod to an OEM head unit that's not iPod ready. Unfortunately it isn't cheap compared to a tape adaptor or FM transmitter.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It might be possible your HU has an AUX-IN at the back. Have you checked?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks for the replies.
    I really don't know how to check the back of my HU and I figured its not Land Rover
    With so many car audio centers, which one is the most reliable.
    I guess I'll just have it done professionally.
    I live in Quezon City.
    Thanks.

For all your iPod integration needs, contact:

Maxx Energie Ventures Corp.
    892-8980, 817-6317, 813-7122
    Look for Harvey.

Keeping it stock and simple.