New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hello po Tsikot.

I would just like to request for recommendations on upgrading speakers for my Dad's Navara.

Nakakabit na yung head unit Pioneer DVD4350 and a reverse camera.
    Since its my Dad's, ayaw nya ng amplifiers or subs. Definitely speaker upgrade lang and probably sound deadening too pag abot budget.
    Working budget ko is up to 15-18k abosolute sagad na.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. yung screen ng head unit lagi naka on ang default. sobrang liwanag lalo na pag gabi maski patayin ang stereo naka on sya. Is there any way to change that na walang display yung screen like a normal radio yung "off" sya? My Dad and I find it very annoying and inconvenient to have to manually turn off the display everytime the stereo isn't in use. Thanks again.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    That's a huge budget and I wouldn't recommend simply splurging the whole amount on speakers and deadening. If you did, it's a waste of money frankly speaking. The reason for this is because buying a 10k speaker without proper power is like buying a Lamborghini and giving it worn out wheels. Sure, you have a damn beast under the hood but if the tires can't support it.. what's the use?

I would suggest you buy a compact amplifier. Get those low-profile amplifiers that can fit under the seat hopefully. Allocate around 7k for the amplifier, wirings, and labor. As for the remaining, spend them on speakers and deadening.

Your head unit normally outputs around 20W at most of RMS power. Don't buy the 50W MOSFET stuff.. it would probably reach 50W during dynamic playing moments but I'd be sure you'll be clipping by then. So: get an amplifier, get a speaker, get deadening. Done.

If you want to play it safe, buy a budget separates: Firland EVs, Morel Maximos, Dominations, etc. then deaden the door. If you're happy, stop. If you're not, feed it an amp.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks Sir jhnkvn for the input!

I will definitely have to follow your suggestions for the non-amp options.

I saw morel, firlands and dls seperates sold from between 4+ to 7+ thousand. i figured a similar or less amount for the rear speakers plus deadening and labor charges 15k-18k would safely cover it all, but saving a few bucks is always welcome. =)

BTW the front speakers for the navara are 6x9 with a provision for a dash tweeter recess. The rear doors are 6.5in. The 6x9 fronts seem weird to me as I only usually see them on rear installations anyhow I will have to test them out and see which fits and what sounds good.

Again many thanks!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

you can try these packages designed for SUV and pickup, 4 channel amp under the set, with sound deadening
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails suvpickuptrucksoundsetup1.jpg  

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    No worries if your fronts are 6x9. Your installer can fit 6.5" midbass there. Since I'm not a technical guy, I don't really know the exact things they do pero kaya yan. I think it's basically throwing in a spacer I believe.

On the front, it's recommended to simply purchase separates on the premise that you can mount the tweeters on stock tweet locations (most probably the sail panels). This has an advantage as the tweeters are nearly ear-level hence elevating the soundstage from your legs to your dash.

If you're availing of sir jedi's packages, I would recommend the MidSP package 3 for starters. Kahit ano gawin ko, I'll get Firland's amplifiers over Lightning Lab. If you want a gradual improvement approach, replace the front stock speakers first with separates then judge for yourself whether you should upgrade further or not.

Navara sound system pioneer dvd 4350 and speakers