New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    i have an astra wagon...i really like it...it's just that the radio sucks. the only nice thing about the stock radio is that it has controls on the steering wheel. the car i got didn't have the cd option that's why i'm thinking of changing it.

my question is, should i stick with the stock radio and just use a discman for playing my cds or should i change the radio?

i'm just afraid that the installer might mess up the electrical system of the car. the radio display is on the dashboard kasi, kasama ng clock.

a pioneer stereo is what i have on mind...can you recommend someone who has done this on an astra?

:confused:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually its possible to get the dealer to change your radio for you at NO COST, especially if the car is relatively new. You just have to be firm with them.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup...ask the dealer.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I gather he bought it second hand (year 2000 based on the other thread). Can you ask the second hand car dealer for a new stereo?

Anyway, if you do change it, it's out of warranty anyway. Just go out to a reputable installer. He'd know what he's doing. There's a thread for recommended shops...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another problem with changing the head unit of the Astra is that the display and the controls are located separately. Get a new head unit and the display center will not work with it (it does display other stuff, though).

Meron na bang compatible head unit of Opels?

An option would be to use an FM modulator based CD changer if your not really the extrem audiophile type.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    you can ask the dealer to change the unit for you. I asked that same question to my friend and he told me to bring it to opel. i think they have alist of radios that you can use.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    thanks for the advice men...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    an old customer of mind had the oem radio replaced with a pioneer headunit. no problems whatsoever. you do loose the functions of the steerign wheel controls though. you can have the pioneer remote modified to have it's internals integrated into the steering wheel controls though, but that one takes time and money to do. he aslo had polk audio seps and a kicker sub custom installed by me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    at last someone who did it.......one more question men, did the display on the dash black out? does the clock still work?

p***, i called autoworld and they were selling me the cd changer for.......p*** 33t plus pesoses.....crazy....

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    the display still functions, it shows you time, temperature(outside ata) and date.
    Last edited by kewlryds; October 20th, 2004 at 04:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
astra stereo: to change or not to change