New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi, does anyone know where I can get a low-cost FM signal booster?

This device is attached between the antenna and Car FM receiver to "Boost" the signal of the antenna and make FM stations with weak signals stronger.

In the US, Radio shack used to sell this for around $10. Here in RP, I havent seen anyone sell it, although Ive seen it attached to a home radio system in tagaytay.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Try the shops in Raon.

If you can't find one, a TV signal booster will do ... the FM broadcast band is within the Hi and Lo limits of the VHF-TV band.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Try the shops in Raon.

If you can't find one, a TV signal booster will do ... the FM broadcast band is within the Hi and Lo limits of the VHF-TV band.
    Yeah, Ive been going around Raon for a long time na looking for it. No one has even heard of it

Ill think about the TV signal booster...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    Hi, does anyone know where I can get a low-cost FM signal booster?

This device is attached between the antenna and Car FM receiver to "Boost" the signal of the antenna and make FM stations with weak signals stronger.

In the US, Radio shack used to sell this for around $10. Here in RP, I havent seen anyone sell it, although Ive seen it attached to a home radio system in tagaytay.
    Yap..... naka bili ako niyan sa radio shack. doon sa Robinson sa may ortigas may radio shack doon. but, hindi ko alam ang price

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hindi kaya ma-amplify din yung noise signal since pinapalakas mo yung buong broadcast band?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Wang View Post
    Hindi kaya ma-amplify din yung noise signal since pinapalakas mo yung buong broadcast band?
    If you're talking about noise such as atmospheric noise ... an amplifier that can boost a signal 10 times doesn't mean it also boosts noise by 10 times. A good amplifier keeps the noise down when amplifying signals, at a lesser level depending on the amplifier's noise factor.

i have one in my system.. had i for almost 10 years. i bought one in order to minimize my use of the antenna, power antenna of my maxima is expensive! but sa provincial, medyo sagap yung mga major stations even if nasa palayan city ako or dulo ng nlex(w/the ant. rod at full length...)

para kahit retacted lang siya makakasagap pa ng maayos on all range ng FM, but on the AM, no use to ha....

sa concord or mg infiniti or sa suki mong banawe shop meron. di ko na matandaan ang presyo,e...

ung (+)-power attached mo sa acc-on power ng line to prevent battery discharge ka..on siya when you turn the key to acc-on position...

FM signal booster