New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I was in a Toyota casa recently and saw an overhead 10" Toyota branded LCD + DVD for about 50k. I'm curious kasi meron akong plan i-project na car and I have no idea with sound setups. Have some questions sana...

1) Also saw a similar Audiovox system in Shangrila Edsa mall being sold for 30k + 5k for TV tuner. Ok na brand ba Audiovox when it comes to car LCD systems?

2) Meron daw mga generic na LCD + DVD overhead systems for 20k++ only. Is this worth considering or sakit lang sa ulo?

3) What are other brands readily available in the market? Meron bang ganung systems ang brands like Clarion, Kenwood, Alpine, etc with good aftersales support?

4) Anyone have experience in overhead LCD monitors on their vans or SUVs? What are features to look for? Ideally ba built in yung DVD or hiwalay? How do you integrate this system with your car's audio system assuming you wont change your main HU?

5) Can you recommend any specific shop who sells and installs video systems? Tipong yung ok ang service and malinis ang trabaho?

Thanks sa feedback!!!
    Last edited by ryan; March 2nd, 2007 at 12:09 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Casa's price is too much, considering na di pa ata touch screen yan and nilagyan lang ng badge na Toyota ung item.

1. Audiovox ain't bad with their products, but their price is.
    2. Yes meron, aftersales support can be done in Raon or any electronics shop. Problem nga lang eh pag wala ng piyesa for that generic model kasi it's gonna be as good as junk.
    3. Necvox? Bodega ng Winterpine nagooffer nito. Meron ngang 17k ata for a 9" roofmount monitor with built in CD,VCD,DVD,MP3 player, un nga lang demo unit na binebenta. Meaning to say: gamit na. For a link, check this one:
    http://kotseaudioclub.com/forum/view...hlight=lynelle
    4. Depende sa model ang pagka-builtin ng DVD. Gaya ng nilagay ko sa #3, built-in na sya, meron din namang hindi pa at mas mura ung price. Pero bibili ka pa nga lang ng additional na DVD player. Problema pa sa ibang SUV, may ibang types ng overhead/roofmount LCD na pagkasalpak eh mahaharangan ung view ng rearview mirror. So wala ka na makikita sa rear view mo. Best thing to do when buying such item is to check muna kung mahaharangan ba un o hindi. Hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Saan po located si Winterpine? Ok naman support nya sa products nya?

Thanks!!!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sir, suggest ko post ka sa KotseAudioClub.com. Daming Tsikoteers dun and everyone would love to help and assist you on this.

HTH

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I rode in a trailblazer before and i was sitted at back. I was watching a disney movie haha, but the thing that I liked, was, it had 2 wireless headphones. Good if you got kids, so you don't have to be distracted by the movie. That's a feature that I liked. If it has it's own DVD player..your kids can watch tv with headphones, and you can listen to your music. Or you can switch the audio so u get sound from the movies in ur speakers.

Overhead LCD + DVD