New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I need advice where in Metro Manila I can have Big 3 upgrade.

Here is what I am putting into my SUV.

Pioneer GM-D8500M (300w RMS at 4 ohms)to power Kicker 10CVT124 (400w RMS * 4 ohms)

Bazooka MGA4150 (100w RMS x 4 x 4 ohms) to power 4 Infinity Kappa 63.91 - (75w RMS)

I have 6 (35 watt) HID installed on my SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick50 View Post
    I need advice where in Metro Manila I can have Big 3 upgrade.

Here is what I am putting into my SUV.

Pioneer GM-D8500M (300w RMS at 4 ohms)to power Kicker 10CVT124 (400w RMS * 4 ohms)

Bazooka MGA4150 (100w RMS x 4 x 4 ohms) to power 4 Infinity Kappa 63.91 - (75w RMS)

I have 6 (35 watt) HID installed on my SUV.
    I can do that sir, i have a lot of experience doing the big 3 thing, i always do it in most competition cars.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Please PM me a estimate. I would also like to include a fuse between the alternator and the battery for extra protection. 2011 Montero Sport.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Weird, I think di mo pa kilangan ng Big 3 upgrade then. Most people usually do it once they start seeing dimming headlights at idle.

He just want to maximize the power requirements for the whole accessories sir, i think for future purposes kaya nya kelangan big three upgrade, for the full performance, he don't want to wait goes headlight dimming before he act to do something, big three upgrade eliminate tension in the wires and provide less corrosion to the terminals, if you notice the original wires, its only for the installed accessories, so if you add something there, the tension on wires is present, big three is better than grounding kit, big three is better than adding additional battery or another power supply and also big three can also maximize the current cycle to the whole circuit without the tension or great resistance..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    gusto ko i-diy itong big 3. ok na ba yung gauge 4 wire and gamitin? dun lang ako sa +bat to +alt nag-aalangan. alin ba dito yung + post ng alt.... A or B?

*tsikotshop - pre, pa pm naman nung price mo para + alt to + bat connection. yung sa dalawang connection kaya ko na yun. thanks

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    *tsikotshop

I see, newbie palang ako sa mga electrical systems ng kotse eh maybe I should add it in my to-do-lists in the future.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Weird, I think di mo pa kilangan ng Big 3 upgrade then. Most people usually do it once they start seeing dimming headlights at idle.
    I prefer to be proactive rather than breaking down in the middle of no where. I've also ordered a 2.0 Farad Capacitor.

If I still lack power, I'll upgrade my alternator if needed.

Big three will be enough sir, thats the only thing you do for your system, capacitor will do little help, , but get a real one for these, the function of the capacitor is to pick huge current that cannot carry by your battery, and firstly force the current to the accessories that requires more power, so your battery will last longer, dapat dito, sigurado wiring mo, kase di po pwede lagyan ng fuse ito, magiging useless.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Big 3 upgrade