New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My dad's 2002 BMW 318i has a faulty radio. The FM/AM button is non-functional and BMW casa recommends replacement of the entire head unit. Also due to a previous battery change, the headunit is "security locked".

Is it still possible to have the head unit repaired or would be it simpler/cheaper to replace it ?

If replace, what HU is recommended that would match the dash/console?

Are there shops I can bring the car to help me with this problem?
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 17th, 2010 at 06:07 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sa kac kotseaudioclub.com meron sila recommended na repair shop. philsales yata yung name sa banawe. dami narin satisfied customers, kahit anong brand ng HU and amp nagagawan ng paraan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by promdiboy View Post
    sa kac kotseaudioclub.com meron sila recommended na repair shop. philsales yata yung name sa banawe. dami narin satisfied customers, kahit anong brand ng HU and amp nagagawan ng paraan.
    Do you have the contact number or address?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    KAC's mr. fix anything:

Wilson Lim of PhilSales in banaue

Mr Fix it - Wilson Lim
    09217434563 or 7114056

Its located in Banawe near E. Rodriguez. Its acroos the street from Perfect Circle. It the one with a yellow tarpaulin signage

punta ka sir sa www.kotseaudioclub.com pag search mo ng wilson lim, puro papuri ng maraming satisfied customers, sana matulungan ka niya,

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by promdiboy View Post
    KAC's mr. fix anything:

Wilson Lim of PhilSales in banaue

Mr Fix it - Wilson Lim
    09217434563 or 7114056

Its located in Banawe near E. Rodriguez. Its acroos the street from Perfect Circle. It the one with a yellow tarpaulin signage

punta ka sir sa www.kotseaudioclub.com pag search mo ng wilson lim, puro papuri ng maraming satisfied customers, sana matulungan ka niya,

Thanks for the info.

BMW headunit problem (repair or replace?)