New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

BMW is not going to launch its next-generation 3-Series saloon, the E90, until the 2005 Frankfurt Motor Show next September. The company will probably display a "concept" car giving more than a few hints as to the direction of the next 3-Series range in the meantime, but we can see already from these spy pictures that the new 3 is going to feature a 5-Series-like front grille and wraparound headlights. It will be a little less adventurous than the 5 and the 7, however, as well as the new 1-Series hatchback; BMW is keen not to scare off buyers in this lucrative sector. After all, when you already have one of the most desirable compact executive cars, it would be foolish to change it too radically. The E90 3, therefore, will not have such overt 'flame-surfacing' on its panels, and the profile of its bootlid at the rear is much more conventional than that of either the 7 or the 5. However, it is still very much a contemporary BMW, and one with the name of design chief Chris Bangle virtually stamped all over it.

The E90 will be a little larger than the current 3-Series, and is to be built on a longer version of the excellent 1-Series platform. It will share its entry-level four-cylinder engines with the 1, but BMW will also offer the usual complement of straight-sixes and diesels - probably including the new twin-turbo 272bhp, 413lb ft unit as fitted in the 535d, and the all-new lightweight 3.0-litre Valvetronic petrol engine as in the 630i. With these on offer, the M3 will have to be pretty spectacular - and that model is expected to feature a 4.0-litre V8 producing around 400bhp when it appears in 2006.

Expect also the latest-generation version of the i-Drive control system to be available, simplified from that in the 5 and 7, and features such as adaptive headlights; there may also be a starter button, rather than a conventional turn-key ignition.

E90 Touring estate models will follow six months later in spring 2006, along with coupe versions; the latter are likely to be badged 4-Series. A 4-Series convertible is expected in 2007, with a sophisticated but relatively traditional canvas folding roof.
    - taken from www.channel4.com courtesy of motioncars.com

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imo, the more faithful the styling is to the current E46, the better hehehe

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    got this somewhere

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think i'm switching to benz with my next car

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mukang photoshopped yung huling pic... X3 headlights with 5 series sides?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    photoshopped nga yan... mas maganda yung mga enhanced spy photos ng next-gen 3 na nilabas dati hehe

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Next e90 M3

I like it !:drool: looks pretty aggressive!..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    me like too! angas ng mukha!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sana medyo liitan ang kidney grille, nagmukang pontiac eh.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    o nga..bawasan lang ng konti yung grille..pero pwede na rin.

gwagwapo lalo driver nito kahit mukang syokoy:D

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
The all new BMW 3-series